Spec me: CPU setup for AM4 Ryzen 7 (480mm) please :)

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I've just got a Phanteks Enthoo Primo, and it's proving a little big for my 360mm AIO (cable length wise) so I'm wanting to get a proper water cooled CPU setup, so please can someone give me a list of the bits I'll need for this? I've got the fans I need :)

I'll need:

* 480mm Radiator (I could have another 280mm if it'll help temps?)
* Tube Reservoir to fit into case
* All tubes and fittings

I'm after something that'll destroy the AIO temps wise but at the same not cost the earth?

Any help gratefully received :)

Last edited:
Associate
so for a 480 radiator the prices are pretty steep. looking at a minimum of £70, £55 for cpu block, £90 for a pump reservoir combo sizable enough to look decent in your case and £30 for 6 fittings. thats just from a quick look on the webpage.

thats a lot more than and AIO :(

Associate
i dont know ive only ever done one loop. about 2 years ago. i dont want to spec you up for that reason though, just making you aware of the price.

it is pretty easy to do it good though. just make sure the fittings and tubings fit the holes in the parts and you are sorted.

Associate
Be aware that thou the Phanteks Primo had support for up to 480 MM rads that when i tried to fit a black ice it didnt fit (Due to the bulges on the sides of the rad)

So just be careful.

Associate
Depends where you are looking to put the 480- if you are going up top upto 70mm I believe. If you are using the bottom you will need to double check the rads width as it is slightly narrower than the top

Associate
Ah that's good to know, thanks :)

(Just to clarify you mean the end caps or the long length sides?)
Sides sir.

It just about fit but it litrally was putting the side section under so much strain I was scared it was gonna bend something.
I think a normal "Square sided" rad would be fine.

better to be safe than sorry !

Bottom is indeed slightly narrower due to the PSU shroud cover

Associate
Hi guys,

I've just got a Phanteks Enthoo Primo, and it's proving a little big for my 360mm AIO (cable length wise) so I'm wanting to get a proper water cooled CPU setup, so please can someone give me a list of the bits I'll need for this? I've got the fans I need :)

I'm after something that'll destroy the AIO temps wise but at the same not cost the earth?

Any help gratefully received :)

I'll be interested to see the difference. My 1700 running 1.325v hardly breaks 40c while gaming or 55c while video rendering with a 240mm rad. What temps are you getting the now with what voltage?

Soldato
I'll be interested to see the difference. My 1700 running 1.325v hardly breaks 40c while gaming or 55c while video rendering with a 240mm rad. What temps are you getting the now with what voltage?

had friends running 60c whilst rendering for 48 hours solid using Silent loop 360 with push-pull on Silent mode on ROG Hero board , pushing 1.41v 3.85Ghz 3466hz ram

gaming was cool!

though more rad space, the quieter you can run the system, if the fans aren't ****

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Kit is arriving later today, and won't get to fit it until tomorrow but I'll report back with the results :)

BTW, what is your setup, case, fans etc...? For comparison? :)

Associate
Kit is arriving later today, and won't get to fit it until tomorrow but I'll report back with the results :)

BTW, what is your setup, case, fans etc...? For comparison? :)

I've got an antec GX1200 case with a cryorig A40 ultimate cooling the CPU with push/pull fans. intake fan at bottom below the rad. The I have a asetek 580XL at the top in push/pull cooling my RX480 (580bios) on a kraken G12. also got a 120mm fan blowing air onto the VRM's too rather than a rear exhaust. not the quietest but it isn't obtrusive.

Man of Honour
OP
Hey guys, me again! :D

Now putting my GTX 1080 under the same loop as my Ryzen 7 1800X, so my question is, the kit I bought has an XSPC RX360 V3 radiator which I'm planning on putting in the top of my case, but I now want to add an extra radiator to the bottom of the case as I'll be cooling 2 components now, so do I go for the RX240, RX360 or RX480 to keep all the parts lovely and cold?

Soldato
Hey guys, me again! :D

Now putting my GTX 1080 under the same loop as my Ryzen 7 1800X, so my question is, the kit I bought has an XSPC RX360 V3 radiator which I'm planning on putting in the top of my case, but I now want to add an extra radiator to the bottom of the case as I'll be cooling 2 components now, so do I go for the RX240, RX360 or RX480 to keep all the parts lovely and cold?

In a very looooose term, you could run that rig off a 240 30mm rad , they can take 400-500w of heat, but it's the fans this dissipate it . And you'd need something like 4000rpm delta's which would be loud !!!
More rads allow more fans to soon lower etc etc .

Go be these lines, can you fit it and plug it ?
Then can you afford it ?
More rad the quieter , or the more wattage you can rid quicker

Man of Honour
OP
Good points, I can fit a 480mm, I can afford a 480mm so looks like I'll be getting a 120mm :p just kidding, think I'll get a 480mm and be done with it.

The rads are 56mm deep, so they should have good cooling?

I'm using the Cougar Vortex HDB V12HP 120mm fans, they have a very good static pressure rating & they aren't noisy either :cool:

How much difference does adding push/pull make to the temps?

Back
Top Bottom