Spec Me: Front Light.

Associate
Looking to do some night cycling but need a good reliable front light for around £50.

It needs to have a fairly big beam as there are a few low hanging branches along the route and many potholes i would rather avoid.

The path is unlit all the way so would battery life needs to be well over an hour and reliable as i had tried the cheap ones with the battery packs and they were great at first with a very bright light but after a couple of months they would just stop working.

Any help greatly appreciate thank you.

Soldato
The new (ish) Halfords bike hut light seems to be well received.
There's a four page thread on it on singletrack :
https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bikehut-1600-light/
Looks to have better mounts.
They do a cheaper 800 version too.

Or as above the cateye volt series is decent. I have a volt 500. The rubber mount tends to slip a bit on rough ground though so needs pulling round a bit now and then

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking to do some night cycling but need a good reliable front light for around £50.

It needs to have a fairly big beam as there are a few low hanging branches along the route and many potholes i would rather avoid.

The path is unlit all the way so would battery life needs to be well over an hour and reliable as i had tried the cheap ones with the battery packs and they were great at first with a very bright light but after a couple of months they would just stop working.

Any help greatly appreciate thank you.
check the last few pages of the MTB thread.

Soldato
Batteries are the biggest issue.
After having a solar storm x2 (great light) the battery pack and charger were rubbish.

And you've got extra cables to worry about.

I'm more than happy paying a bit more for a water resistant known brand with an on board battery..

Back
Top Bottom