[Spec me] Mountain Bike

Soldato
Hi guys

Looking at getting a mountain bike, will be used off road/footpaths/trails/fields etc nothing too serious. Have a budget of say £300-£350 ish.

Been looking at my local cycle shop, Hargroves Cycles, what are the Specialized Hardrock bikes like? Any good?

Any advise welcome.

Soldato
If I was starting out again with the knowledge I have now then for that money I'd be looking at the second hand market for sure. Something like a boardman or the older carerra fury or maybe something higher up the decathlon range, I got a s/h rockrider 9.2 for £500 which is full sus and a lot of bike for that money but the higher models don't come up often s/h.

Something with rock shox air forks, SRAM x9 gears, hydraulic disc brakes not cable

Associate
If you know your way around a bike mechanically or have a friend that does then 2nd hand is the way to go, you can save about 50% on a year old bike. But don't bother unless you are happy to diagnose and fix any minor issues that may arise like indexing the gears or bleeding brakes.

I was going to recommend the Voodoo Bantu at Halfords but I see that the price is now £400. What ever you get make sure it has hydro disk brakes

Back
Top Bottom