Spec me some headphones for use with a soundblaster G6

Associate
As the title, budget is £150 max.

I have been looking at the K702, DT770 or DT990. I can get the 770's or 990's for £99 at the moment off the rain forest, are they still a good buy today?

Gaming music and movies main uses

Dont know if there are better options today
thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
K702 are still probably best headphones for FPS gaming. More demanding than a lot of the other recommended headphones, but the G6 has a good amp, so will have no trouble with them.

DT990 is also a good choice. Probably not as good as the K702 for FPS gaming, but are a solid choice for anyone who isn't bothered about having the best sound locating, and wants a headphone with more fun and a bit more bass.

Sennheiser HD599 are also good, but given the price difference compared to the above headphones, not the best choice to be made, except maybe for people who would prefer to buy Sennheiser. Great choice of headphone for GSX1000 users though, as that has lower power output. HD599 are very easy to drive, so are ideal.

Philips Fidelio X2HR again are a good headphones for gaming. Still don't match the K702 for FPS gaming, but like the DT990, might be a good choice for someone who is looking for fun over accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom