Spec me some RGB Strips please

Soldato
Hi all

Looking to add some more RGB to my system, I currently have RGB Corsair RAM and have a CPU cooler on the way... I just want some strips to add to it but not sure what ones will be best..

My motherboard is ASUS B450 Plus Tuf Gaming, Hopefully that helps, its got RGB headers but i think they're 12v

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Soldato
And that comes with everything I need? I did see it and was considering it as I use iCue already, How is it powered? SATA?
Powered off the USB header.
Looks like that's everything you'll need.

One alternative is a similar product from CableMod, ie RGB strips and a small control box, although this is completely independent, powered from SATA and obviously does not sync with iCUE... They do offer strips that do both RGB and UV at the same time, though.

Personally I'm a fan of Aquacomputer's RGBpx, though.

Soldato
OP
Powered off the USB header.
Looks like that's everything you'll need.

One alternative is a similar product from CableMod, ie RGB strips and a small control box, although this is completely independent, powered from SATA and obviously does not sync with iCUE... They do offer strips that do both RGB and UV at the same time, though.

Personally I'm a fan of Aquacomputer's RGBpx, though.

Ohh nice, simple setup then....

I haven't seen the cablemod strips I will take a look, they sound ideal to... I'm open to any product recommendations..

Just looked at the aquacomputer fitting... How does that work?

Associate
The corsair thing is usb powered, the commander pro is SATA powered. Either way, it's simple and works with iCUE.

Really depends on whether you want lots of different control apps running, and if you can't just plug some generic strips into an RGB header on your mobo (if it has any)

Soldato
I haven't seen the cablemod strips I will take a look, they sound ideal to... I'm open to any product recommendations..
They're better suited to people that don't have RGB headers on the motherboard, or who don't want to be tied to using one particular company's (usually crap) software to control their lights.

Just looked at the aquacomputer fitting... How does that work?
Same idea - Powered off a Molex, 4 channels with up to 90 addressable LEDs each (so 360 in total), controlled via USB using Aquasuite. You can also get adapters to connect any other brand of accessory with a standard 3-pin RGB connector. Probably the cheapest RGB system and quite possibly the best, especially if you want to integrate any of their other kit.

Back
Top Bottom