Spec me some snow

Associate
For once I don't want any in the UK. :p

I am going skiing soon, and I really hope the snow doesn't affect the airports because I want to go on holiday, however, the more snow the better when I am at the resort. (Especially since I plan to do some cross-country skiing also).

A day at school with snow would be nice, it makes the walk to school a bit more interesting, but for the next two days I will be working at lunch and break so I wouldn't be able to enjoy it anyway.

If it all fell tommorrow and was melted by mid-friday, I would be pleased. :)

Angus Higgins

Soldato
StevenG said:
Not impressed AT ALL. im supposed to be traveling early friday morning

me too... am hoping I can actually get to my interview as I've already had to reschedule two of them for other reasons :(.

If they could delay the snow by a week or two I'd be happy.

Soldato
All this snow malarky as a joke.

We are expecting a little bit of snow and people go crazy!

Over in the Alps the other week it snowed a fair bit, no real change, nobody did anything differently. The vehicles are all standard, the shops still opened and people didn't have to take the day off.

Why is it that snow has this effect in the UK?

Associate
Tesla said:

Over in the Alps the other week it snowed a fair bit, no real change, nobody did anything differently. The vehicles are all standard, the shops still opened and people didn't have to take the day off.

We don't get it all that often? :confused:

If we don't get snow we are not prepared for it, and people get excited about it. If you observe a school, the behaviour vastly deteriorates when there is high winds as people get excited; I think it is the same thing really for snow.

Angus Higgins

Soldato
Scuzi said:
According to the oficial forecast, ther'll be heavy snow down in the south east here between 0300 and 0700 UTC.
That is pretty much what I concluded from the Met Office predications. It's going to be fun for me in the morning, can't wait ! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Tesla said:

any 'adverse' weather affects the UK really badly, even a few leaves on the line can shut the rail service down ffs :o , it should have been something we adapted to a long time ago, i mean in places like Russia/Poland they can get a couple feet of snow and still have public transport running to time (something else we haven't yet managed in the UK :D)

Back
Top Bottom