Spec me some tyres...

Soldato
Hi guys,

Jonnycoupe just made me realise how dangerous my current tyres are (I'm not going to go into it though) and I'm on the lookout for replacements.

I was going to go for Eagle F1's all round... but looking at several sites, they're over £60 each :eek:

Size is either 185/55/R15 or 195/55/R15... both will fit my wheels but 185's are original spec.

Looking for a set of 4 really. I can use the one currently good tyre I have as a spare.

Cheers :)

Soldato
OP
A friend of mine has those fitted to his Rover Coupe... same wheels as mine as well actually.

What's the difference between the R's and S's?

Soldato
OP
I might have got some Turbo wheels sorted from Smokes... already fitted with nearly new Eagle's ;)

But still, keep on with the tyre suggestions :)

Thanks.

Soldato
Toyo Proxes are ok, but i wouldnt go out and buy a set of 4 purely off reccomendation.

Previous experience, and comments from others, are that they are good in the dry, but when hot can wear quickly, and don't perform too brill in the wet.

The T1-R's kind of improves over the 'S a little bit but a change in tread pattern etc, but nothing dratic enough to go out and buy them.

You could try Eagle F1's, obviously again you will be relying on people's experience of them, and personal reccomendations.

Have a look into Federal SS595's, i love these tyres, and mates experiences of then are that they had a drastic improvement over previous tyres when it came to handing.

Soldato
OP
Jonnycoupe said:
195/50/15 are cheaper.

My tyres do F1's for £32 each

:eek: That's an awesome price! Slightly lower profile too... that would look great!

Still, I managed to sort out some wheels with almost brand new F1's. Just hope my current tyres will get me down to Wales :o

Soldato
agw_01 said:
:eek: That's an awesome price! Slightly lower profile too... that would look great!

Still, I managed to sort out some wheels with almost brand new F1's. Just hope my current tyres will get me down to Wales :o

Which Route would you take to there mate?

Soldato
OP
I just planned a route on the AA's website.

Down the M60, join the 62 and leave at Junction 10 to join the M6.

Leave the M6 at J20A to join the M56.

Onto the A55 and then down the A494.

I know I'm going to get lost :D

Soldato
OP
Serj said:
You coming to Abersytwyth then?

Yep :) If I don't get lost that is.

Oh, and if my car doesn't break down on the way, lol.

Saying that, my battery went flat on the A55 when I went down to a funeral with friends. Going to takes spares of everything this time.

Soldato
Was very impressed with the F1s when I had them on my Alfa. I currently have T1-Rs on my Elise (195s on the front 225s on the rear) and I really like them. Some Elise owners complain about the sidewalls being too flexible but I don't have a problem. Grip in the dry in very good and in the wet they provide as much grip as I'd expect from a light car with big tyres.

Back
Top Bottom