[Spec Me]...Submarine films!

Soldato
Ok, I've always had a bit of a fascination with underwater films, I don't know why. The Abyss, Sphere, K19, Hunt for Red October, I loved them all primarily because of their setting.

Watching The Deep on BBC at the moment (which seems ok, but slow), has given me the urge again to check out some submarine films. Open to any and all recommendations - if there's a scifi/futuristic bias in there then so much the better!

I await an OcUK education :).

Man of Honour
Down periscope, It's awful but it has frasier in it.

I like it... Mindless entertainment. :D

Das Boot is the only film to watch in this category though. Especially if you can get the miniseries version, although it's a touch long at around 5 and a half hours.

Soldato
Try two oldies, Run Silent Run Deep and The Bedford Incident.
Nice one. Just bought both. :)

I've long been a Das Boot fan. I would say it is the best, even if it isn't strictly a film. I don't think I've ever found the full length version; my Mum and I would enjoy that massively.

Down periscope, It's awful but it has frasier in it.
It is one of those films so truly awful its very good. :D

Last edited:
Associate
You must see Das Boot. In fact everyone must its the best war movie/series !!!!

Does anyone else get the urge to have the laughing swordfish tattooed on them and shout ALAAAARM! DIIIIIVE! when they hear a plane flying overhead or it just me ?

Associate
Does anyone else get the urge to have the laughing swordfish tattooed on them and shout ALAAAARM! DIIIIIVE! when they hear a plane flying overhead or it just me ?

I watched Beer fest and the only bit I chuckled at was when the germans were arguing between themeselves until one shouts "Alaaaarm!!!"

the 5 hour version of Das boot is on play.com for a tenner

Caporegime
I introduced some ex-work collogues to das boot via a you tube vid of the crew screaming alllllllaaaaaarrrrmmmm!!

Cue the hilarity of burn in tests and when one failed 5 geeks all screaming allaaaaarm!!!!!!! at the top of their voices.

Back
Top Bottom