Specsavers Glasses. Real difference in quality v price?

Soldato
My 2 year eye test is tomorrow and I suspect I'll need new glasses. Last time I spent £125 on the 2 for 1 offer with Specsavers (designer range) and the glasses were awful quality and fell apart after about 4 months. I did get the frames replaced for free but they fell apart... Again. Not to my own doing either, they just started to become really lose over time and stopped fitting properly.

My question is, is their much of a difference between the 2 for £69 range and the £125 designer range with Specsavers? Do you really only pay for the brand name on the glasses?

Any opinions appreciated. :)

Soldato
OP
Sexy! Cheers for the tips guys.

I remember when I asked for my PD from Specsavers before, they wanted £10 before they were willing to tell me!

Soldato
OP
Got my new prescription today and wow... My eyes hurt with the new glasses on!

Is this normal? Bearing in mind my last prescription was worn for 2 years.

How long is the eye pain expected to last with a new prescription?

Soldato
OP
Been wearing glasses since I was 4 (well just under), nigh on 30 now and it still takes me a few days to get used to new glasses. It's totally normal and isn't doing any harm long-term. If they still hurt by Monday go back though.

Cheers yeah will keep an eye :)p) on it.

The person who fitted them said it will feel a little strange at first but didn't mention any eye pain. Hope it doesn't last to long though, it's really uncomfortable.

Soldato
OP
2nd day wearing my prescription now. Yesterday I got a really bad headache because of it, had to take some pain killers. Today isn't as bad, my eyes are still hurting a little bit through. Really not sure if it's worth waiting till the end of the week to see if it improves any.

Back
Top Bottom