Speed Help Desperate

Associate
Hi guys,

I was coming back from Stafford yesterday in a 30mph past the Waltons Vauxhall garage. I was trying to keep to 30 as I dont like breaing the speed limit in built up areas. I went over the browe of the hill and due to my crappy automatic my car had sped to what looked like 37 or 38 on the speedo. There was a damn camera van at the bottom of the hill with its rear facing in my direction. I slammed the anchors on when i realised i wasnt doing 30 according to my speedo. I am just concerned that I may have been done. I took my TOMTOM out this morning and tryed to mimic the speed i thought i was doing when i looked down. It seemed to be coming back with speeds such between 34 and 35. Any chance of me getting away with this?

Next question. I do a lot of driving for my job so looking to buy a camera detector for these annoying camera vans etc.

I dont know which one to buy

The OriginB2 seems to be a good one but its going end of life and being replaced shortly.

Anyone got any personal recomendations? Road angel + etc any good etc?

Want to buy one today once had some advice of you guys! Are the laser scanners any good that are intergrated in these. Do they give you any chance at all for slowing down for these camera vans?

Thanks

Yeah. I just hope I have got away with it.

I just dont know what Camera Detector to buy. The main problem seems to be these mobile camera units

The camera detectors aren't really worth the money imo as in this situation it would probably have beeped to inform you there was a mobile camera there at the same time as their euipment logged your speed.

You might be ok though, I went past one at 80 to 82 on the GPS in a 70 and nothing came of it.

Back
Top Bottom