Spiders

Not last night but the night before, I got up about 3am to use the toilet. When I got back to bed and started to drift off, I felt the pitter patter of a largish spider running over my arm. I immediately reacted in fear and horror and brushed it violently away. I could not sleep for the rest of the night
I've always had the fear but I did lose it in my army cadet days while having to sleep in forests and such but it came back again. My old flat in the centre on a city, I almost never saw one. Since moving to a more rural area, there's quite a few

Which irrational fears do you suffer from? Are spiders yours too?

Last edited:
Yeah, the initial pain was not nice, and the muscle cramps for weeks afterwards were worse.

I kept spiders for about 20 years, I've been "in the hobby" for about 30 or so years I suppose! I had over 250 tarantulas at one point.
Now I grow carnivorous plants instead of carnivorous spiders :D
Madness I say. Complete madness! Spiders are best kept at a great distance. A few hundred miles may just about do it.

Last edited:
I now have a line of defence against the critters which is humane.

GQuaw5O.jpeg

Splat with a shoe or slipper and they won't feel a thing
That involves getting fairly close to them and risks them dropping on you and also a tad cruel. The stick device allows me to be around a meter away or so and does not harm the evil little ********. It makes me feel safe and warm inside, tapping them out the window. I removed two the night before last with it. My old flat I never hardly saw even 1 or 2 a year. This place is infested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom