Splash proofing a case

Associate
Hi guys

any ideas on splash proofing a case, I have a toddler and he has started to trow stuff around so want to protect a bit, its out of the way under a desk but you never know.

case is a corsair carbide series 275r

only idea so far is a dust cover and they seem slim on the ground these days for some reason

cheers

Associate
never heard of such a thing lol
but only idea i can think of that wouldnt affect airflow is to build something up around the case but ensure there is good bit of space for airflow

maybe a large cardboard box with a few holes in at the front? but with a cutout for the exhaust
would have to be something DIY surely

assuming your serious it might be a good idea to post a pic of your setup so we can see what might work?

Soldato
A normal case will be pretty splash proof anyway. Unless you mean pouring a full glass of milk over it. In which case, it's hard to think of a simple solution.

Maybe put it in a cupboard or something, and open the door if you're gaming, for airflow.

Soldato
Straight jacket?

In seriousness, I would call most cases 'splash proof' but where they don't fair so well is a cup of tea or the likes being spilt on them from above.
You know those thin flexible kitchen chopping boards? They're cheap and should be quite easy to make a kind of shelter.

Associate
Having had 2 kids that used to sit on my knee during lengthy gaming sessions, I lost count of how many "oopsies" there were in relation to spilled drinks, and in all cases (no pun, lol) there was only superficial damage that took very little effort to clean, and certainly no major ingress of any kind. I'd not be overly concerned to be fair, unless you have one of those god awful open front mesh cases, in which case (again, no pun) is to replace it with something more... resistant to Toddler Terrorism!

Associate
OP
Having had 2 kids that used to sit on my knee during lengthy gaming sessions, I lost count of how many "oopsies" there were in relation to spilled drinks, and in all cases (no pun, lol) there was only superficial damage that took very little effort to clean, and certainly no major ingress of any kind. I'd not be overly concerned to be fair, unless you have one of those god awful open front mesh cases, in which case (again, no pun) is to replace it with something more... resistant to Toddler Terrorism!
thanks, ill just move it a bit more out of the way

Soldato
What springs to mind is look for a case with sealed top, front and side panels, and with an I/O panel that has a cover to protect the USB, Audio etc ports. Phanteks Evolv ATX comes close, and where it doesn't (where there's some ventilation) any liquid would be diverted by gravity to areas that shouldn't harm any hardware inside (maybe block off the top panel ventilation on the motherboard side as that seems like a risk spot).

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £111.65 (includes shipping: £11.70)

You could also place a case on top of a tall shelf of some sort, away from flying liquids.

Soldato
You'll need good old design door equipped Lian Li:
Solid top cover and side panels, and no direct path inside from front with door locked.

Back
Top Bottom