Splinter Cell Remake announced by Ubisoft

Soldato
A long time coming but finally a new Splinter Cell game is on the horizon.

Ubisoft announcement: https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...-remake-begins-development-at-ubisoft-toronto

Ubisoft has announced that it has greenlit the development of a remake of its stealth classic, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.

Announced on Ubisoft's website, the remake will be developed by lead studio Ubisoft Toronto, the developers of Splinter Cell: Blacklist. It will be built from the ground up using the Snowdrop engine, which is the tech being used for The Division games, the upcoming Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora game, and Ubisoft's as-yet-untitled Star Wars game.

Soldato
Brilliant, another classic game ruined. You just know it's going to be dumbed down to buggery, so the idiot generation lap it up in spades, along with all the inevitable microtransactions, and will more than likely be given a once over with the brush of woke.

I'd like to know why they're using the Snowdrop engine though as the devs behind The Division say that engine doesn't do stealth mechanics well at all, hence why there's not any stealth mechanics in The Division games.

Soldato
I don't have any faith in ubisoft games anymore, was bored to tears after Far Creed 122 and I doubt this will be a true to the original remake and will be full of towers to climb but here's hoping I'm completely wrong

Back
Top Bottom