Splitting a large dj set into tracks ?

Associate
Hi

I have a large set thats 345 mins long, its a set so one huge long track but you can still hear that there is a new track every 5-8 mins (it just fades in). Is there any software that will let me break it up into each track without trolling through the whole track and recording roughly every new track point and manually making a cue file ?

I would like the album to play as if its one big track still fading in as normally but if i hit the >> button to the next track it will go to the next fade point ? So if i leave it the cd will just play with no small pauses.

Any help or tips welcome.

Suspended
i *think* audacity can do it. Its free aswell. Im sure ive done what you mean in the past, whether it was audacity or something else though, i dont know. sorry

Associate
I use Cool Edit 2000 for this task.
There is a shareware version available on the net.
Simply drop markers where you want the tracks to start, plus one at the end. Then use the cue list, to merge the markers into fields and then save the fileds to files. You can specify a trackname prefix and have the files numbered.
I believe you can do the same thing also in SoundForge.

Permabanned
Simply Cut and paste each track in any WavEditor (Steinbergs WaveLab OwnZ) and then save as a WAV. Just make sure that when you burn them your burning software is configured for 0 pre-gaps or you will get silence between each track.

I know you have said it has not got a CUE file but if you ever do get a long track that has got a CUE file then you can simply and very quickly split it up with CUE-Splitter, superb little program that has saved me untold time from doing it manually.

http://www.shareup.com/downloading-30218.html

CUE_Splitter_v0.6_(large)_1.gif

Associate
Android said:
Simply Cut and paste each track in any WavEditor (Steinbergs WaveLab OwnZ) and then save as a WAV
That would take ages. Trust me, putting in markers and automatically saving the regions is the best way to do it. Use Cool Edit, SoundForge or Audacity.

Back
Top Bottom