***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

Soldato
Sorry, when was the last time you won the league?

Always the same with Liverpool fans, they get a bit of momentum and then turn into world beaters.

It's the famous boom bust yearly cycle!

Still now is not the time to be worrying about anyone else! Since the days of doom and gloom when RA first took over we've reestablished ourselves as the dominant English team and coupled it by being the most consistently polished team in europe as well.

Man of Honour
Sorry, when was the last time you won the league?

Always the same with Liverpool fans, they get a bit of momentum and then turn into world beaters.

Well to be fair, Liverpool probably will win the title again at some stage. Let us not forget that utd went 26 years without winning the title yet they didn't have a "when did we last win it" attitude. I don't think anyone could realistically dismiss the possibility

Permabanned
Champione, Champione, Ole, Ole.............Champione, Champione, Ole, Ole.............

LoL Rio #stanonyourfeet :D

Congrats on 12 Ryan, Legend.

Congrats on your first Javier :)

Congrats Medal Mickey!!! :D

GTFI :D

19 Baby yeah!

Man of Honour
Just ran the last fixtures through the predictor:

capturecy.jpg

Blackpool only edge it out because Birmingham lose to Fulham and Spurs. They can't really do anything now to stay up - they could try and get lucky and beat man u at home (if united field a weak team).

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad I don't support the local football otherwise I'd be very cheesed at the Sunderland floppy "penis" performances since new year.

Soldato
Well to be fair, Liverpool probably will win the title again at some stage. Let us not forget that utd went 26 years without winning the title yet they didn't have a "when did we last win it" attitude. I don't think anyone could realistically dismiss the possibility

I totally agree with where you are coming from but there are other aspects (which imo are significantly different from 20+ years ago)

1) Man City can tempt players into a CL playing team

2) They can also throw even more money around given point (ie last season some players may not have even considered City as they werent in CL, now thats very different)

3) This is probably the closest 5/6/7 placed EPL teams have come to top four positions in a while - who knows if it will be the same in 12 / 24/36 months time

A few teams need to go through re-juvination (Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and City and probably Spurs spending moderately as well), the "best" chance Liverpool have of getting back into the top four (and staying there) is that their aquisitions continue to work perfectly (and in the case of Carroll work better), and one or two of the other teams planned overhaul fails...........or team charachter overcomes "money" :)

A much larger capacity stadium - and the team making it a success quickly (not always the easiest proposition) would be a great asset too before any of those around / above Liverpool currently get stronger

Man of Honour
I agree with pretty much everything you've said there, my point was merely that Liverpool will likely win it again at some stage. The only alternative to that statement is that Liverpool will never win it again, which I find highly unlikely. Maybe it will be in a few years, maybe 10, maybe another 20 ,but I'd feel much more confident of saying they will at some stage than they never will. When did they win it last is not really an absolute barometer for saying they won't win it again ( thank god, otherwise we will never win the world cup again, or have an English wimbledon champion :) )

Last edited:

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Yeah, can definitely see torres scoring his second today. McEachran starting too so it will be good experience for him. :)

Back
Top Bottom