37 Skrtel
38 Flanagan
17 Maxi
21 Lucas
26 Spearing
07 Suarez
09 Carroll
18 Kuyt

Happy with that, Maxi, Suarez, Carroll + Kuyt. Got to be some goals in that quartet today.

Soldato
I was watching. He was was horrific as usual.

So by mid next season shall OCUK have a thread on "Was Torres a flop" or can it be answered now from Chelsea supporters ?

I ask in all seriousness as Torres doesnt suit Chelsea formation he doesnt suit playing along side Drogba or Anelka, Cant play on the right. Chelsea going to have to shift allot of the team about to suit him.

25 Reina
02 G Johnson
23 Carragher
37 Skrtel
38 Flanagan
17 Maxi
21 Lucas
26 Spearing
07 Suarez
09 Carroll
18 Kuyt

Happy with that, Maxi, Suarez, Carroll + Kuyt. Got to be some goals in that quartet today.

Another 5-2 perhaps? :D would be nice but ill happy keep a clean sheet and well id like Suarez to have a couple of goals he deserves more than he has had.

Don

Stealing Mark's thunder? :p

With Meireles's injury and Carroll being fit again, the team picks itself.

I fear for King today. With his knee's, you don't want to be facing Suarez; with the amount of twisting and turning he'll be doing today, it could be his last game for Spurs.

Man of Honour
Stealing Mark's thunder? :p

With Meireles's injury and Carroll being fit again, the team picks itself.

I fear for King today. With his knee's, you don't want to be facing Suarez; with the amount of twisting and turning he'll be doing today, it could be his last game for Spurs.

Hehehe..I'd love for Suarez to get another goal. I think he has been utterly outstanding since he arrived and would love to see him knock in another goal, preferably after turning the defence inside out :)

Soldato
So by mid next season shall OCUK have a thread on "Was Torres a flop" or can it be answered now from Chelsea supporters ?

I ask in all seriousness as Torres doesnt suit Chelsea formation he doesnt suit playing along side Drogba or Anelka, Cant play on the right. Chelsea going to have to shift allot of the team about to suit him.

Another 5-2 perhaps? :D would be nice but ill happy keep a clean sheet and well id like Suarez to have a couple of goals he deserves more than he has had.

Torres IS a flop.

He is also a very good player.

He was bought at a premium to hit the ground running.

He didnt.

Not only was he poor, he took the place of Drogba who was good. Torres totally screwed Chelsea up.

He was a terrible signing because he wasnt what Chelsea needed. As a player he is top class and will be again.

Don
How is Spurs back up keeper? Is he as bad? If so im sure we could get a penalty or two also :D

Cudicini? He was the best keeper in the league 6-7 years ago. Unfortunately he was content to sit on the bench at Chelsea and now Spurs, and count his money ever since then.

Associate
How can some of you say Neuer ain't all that, and that he only shined in the United game? Jesus, just youtube his name and you will see what the boy is made out of...

Here's a head start

£13m? Absolute steal.

Man of Honour
Arsenal v Aston Villa line-ups

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Squillaci, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey, Arshavin, van Persie.
Subs: Lehmann, Denilson, Eboue, Chamakh, Henderson, Miquel, Bendtner.

Aston Villa: Friedel, Walker, Collins, Dunne, Luke Young, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Delph, Downing, Bent, Ashley Young.
Subs: Marshall, Pires, Agbonlahor, Albrighton, Bradley, Heskey, Cuellar.

Referee: Michael Oliver (Northumberland)

Vermaelen starts! But so do Gibbs and Squillachi :(

No Rosicky, Cesc, Nasri, kos, Djourou and Clichy :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Torres IS a flop.

He is also a very good player.

He was bought at a premium to hit the ground running.

He didnt.

Not only was he poor, he took the place of Drogba who was good. Torres totally screwed Chelsea up.

He was a terrible signing because he wasnt what Chelsea needed. As a player he is top class and will be again.

Tbf Torres didnt screw the team up Carlo/Roman screwed it up by buying him, Roman has been obsessed with buying him for 3 seasons and it never made sense unless Drogs/Anelka go and the team is entirely reshuffled.

For us He was the only Striker effectively and we played to suit him now lucky for us in a way you bought him at his worst though he still managed more goals for us before he left.

Also i think it was helped as he could walk back into our team regardless if he was playing badly not such a option when Chelsea have Anelka/Drogs.

However i dont regret him going we got far better outcome imo, I just dont see why he never went back to spain or another club that would suit him better.

Back
Top Bottom