***SPOILERS*** Football 16-21 Apr 2010/2011

Caporegime
How can you show off in private? :confused: :p

You know what I mean. :p :p

I don't think you can blame Gomes for any of the goals. He had three players blocking his vision for the second and the third was all Gallas' fault. In fact, Gomes did well to save the first shot.

BAE had another quietly awesome game. If he can cut out the occasional game where he goes completely missing then he'll be in the reckoning for best left back in the country.

I don't think there was anything quiet about it, I thought he was one of your best performers, I was a bit unimpressed by Modric, he showed some good turns and passes but he seems to go down really easily. Why was Corluka taken off at HT? I thought he looked composed and did well up to that point, getting some crosses into decent areas and defending solidly as well. Kaboul looked very suspect defensively, if RVP had just looked up he could've played Nasri clean through two or three times there.

Great NLD though and while I'm incredibly annoyed that we cant defend for **** it was still entertaining and it makes the bill for Sky Sports a little easier to justify. :p

Soldato
Why was Corluka taken off at HT? I thought he looked composed and did well up to that point, getting some crosses into decent areas and defending solidly as well. Kaboul looked very suspect defensively, if RVP had just looked up he could've played Nasri clean through two or three times there.

'Arry said that it was an attacking substitution. Corluka has great technique but he's probably the slowest player ever to play in the PL.

StewartMG said:
*attempts to read with a straight face*
*fails*

How many times have you seen him play this season? Did you see the match last night? I know that stats can be misleading, but no-one in the PL has made more interceptions this season. His tackling and passing stats are very impressive too. With most of usual suspects (Cole, Clichy, Evra) looking past their best, BAE could step up into that bracket. His only real weakness is that in about 1 game in 30 he goes completely missing.

Caporegime
'Arry said that it was an attacking substitution. Corluka has great technique but he's probably the slowest player ever to play in the PL.

Ah okay, Corluka should have got the assist on VDV's first goal as well as if I remember correctly he passed it to VDV. Kaboul got forward a lot but I don't really remember him doing anything of any worth, BAE had a great game though like you said, did well to keep up with Walcott a few times as well.

No idea why Wenger would think putting a slow target man on the same wing that BAE was on would be a good idea, I'm sick of seeing Bendtner be stuck out wide time and time again, and RVP playing on his own up front is ludicrous, he's better with someone directly behind him or alongside him, he's got a lot of little flicks and offloads in his locker and most of that is totally wasted when the midfield are expected to run on constantly, we need to go back to 4-4-2 or a proper diamond in midfield with 2 strikers up front, this lone front man thing isn't working and when you have a big guy like Bendtner who you'd think would be the perfect target man, and you then see him being stuck out wide constantly it just beggars belief.

Caporegime
Ray wilkins does my head in , is he going to be a regular on sky sports commentary?

It seems like he'll be taking over from Andy Gray as Martin Tylers co-commentator. Apart from the whole stay on your feet thing I think he's alright, there's far worse out there anyway, he doesn't come out with a cliche every other sentence and he admits when he's wrong at least. :)

Caporegime
21807110150571997195440.jpg

Caporegime
BAE had another quietly awesome game. If he can cut out the occasional game where he goes completely missing then he'll be in the reckoning for best left back in the country.

Good point. He just needs to cut out the silly mistakes like running flat out to shoulder barge an attacker in the box. He is incredibly calm in that position, which to his own admission is probably because he couldn't care less about football. :p His positioning can be called out on some occasions, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to a lapse in concentration.

Man of Honour
I want to see Theo and RvP up front. Theo works well with him and I think all his assists in the EPL have been for van persie. Personally I think Theo is wasted in the wing and most of his goals this season have come from running in behind the CBs.

Caporegime
I want to see Theo and RvP up front. Theo works well with him and I think all his assists in the EPL have been for van persie. Personally I think Theo is wasted in the wing and most of his goals this season have come from running in behind the CBs.

Yep I think Theo is wasted on the wing too, look at his goal yesterday from teaming up in the centre of the pitch with RVP, what I was talking about earlier with the lay offs and flicks and stuff that Robin can produce and when you've got someone with Theo's pace running on the end of them it makes it hard for defence, it's a great combination to have but no... let's just stick him on the wing out the way, and let's just put RVP up front on his own. :p

I'm losing my patience with Wenger now, he thinks that just because he has done something once and it paid off he can do it again and again and again even though it clearly isn't working. Henry for example, converted him from a winger to a striker and it worked... why the **** is he doing the opposite with players like Arshavin who is absolutely wasted on the left hand side, he isn't a winger, he never will be a winger, he should be an advanced midfielder in the centre of the pitch where he can take long shots which he's bloody amazing at when he's in the mood, he can slip passes through and it's quick tricky as well but Wenger and his retarded way of thinking means we'll probably end up getting rid of Arshavin in the summer and then giving Eboue or Diaby another 4 year deal. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caporegime

+1

I'll agree with that...i think he works brilliantly with RVP when hes up front...why Wenger forces players to play out of position is truly beyond me...just play them in their natural positions.

One thing i did notice last night is that usually we try and walk the ball into the net but last night for once, Nasri took a shot outside the box and we scored....now why cant our players do more of that and less than the stupid fancy stuff....we dont have a Messi who can do amazing things with the ball, score outrageous goals etc...i suggest that Wenger starts pounding this into the players heads...ya never know we might just end up scoring more goals that way:p

Last edited:
Caporegime
what formation did wenger employ last night?

If I had to call it anything I would have said 4-3-3, he started with Diaby and Song holding though which was more of a 4-2-3-1 which Germany used in the World Cup iirc. This soon went out the window though and Diaby started going forward more so it was more of a 4-3-3 as the game went on.

Soldato
I want Theo up front too. He's not our best player but he's our most threatening and exciting player. Put him through and he'll either score or come close, very composed in front of goal too. Starting to really, really rate Theo after this season, one of the deadliest attackers in the league

Back
Top Bottom