Spotify Issue

Soldato
Hi folks,

Not sure where else to put this so I've dropped it in here.

I've got a Spotify account, somehow someone has gained access and is fighting me for control so I can never play a blinking song.

I followed the tips from Spotify, namely I recovered my account, changed my password, logged my account our of all devices and thought problem solved.

Low and behold about an hour later someone is back in their and I have not a clue how.

They haven't changed the password, a password reset request hasn't gone out, they can't get in through my email as my email has account verification setup through my mobile number so I would know if someone was getting in that way.

Anyone had this happen to them in the past? Googling I cannot see something similar that has occured.

Thanks in advance

Associate
Exact same thing happened to our account. Kicked off all devises (even though pretty sure the thief’s device wasn’t showing up) and reset password. Low and behold there they were again playing the same rubbish. I went into Facebook amd checked logins and saw it had been accessed from Perth Australia....how odd. Reset my Facebook (which people can access Spotify from) then reset Spotify again and it solved my problem.

Soldato
OP
Exact same thing happened to our account. Kicked off all devises (even though pretty sure the thief’s device wasn’t showing up) and reset password. Low and behold there they were again playing the same rubbish. I went into Facebook amd checked logins and saw it had been accessed from Perth Australia....how odd. Reset my Facebook (which people can access Spotify from) then reset Spotify again and it solved my problem.

Ah right. I've never linked the account to Facebook (I have an account but it's in effect a dead one as I never use it) but I'm assuming the person who got access may have linked their own Facebook account to it and using it as a "backdoor"?

Associate
Not sure how they do it really. I just thought it best to reset everything that’s linked to Spotify (Facebook). What was strange is I assume my Facebook password/ account had been compromised, however nothing unusual was done to my account (pw reset/ strange posts/ likes/ non-friends added). I also have no idea how they would have got hold of my FB PW...

Back
Top Bottom