Spray Paint on Case ?

Associate
Just wondering if anyone knows what sort of spray paint is needed for cases , i was thinking about spraying my case but decided to have a practice on an old one first.

Soldato
It's a lot of work painting a case, what with preparation, cost of paint,primer,etc, & then overall finish.
I decide to have my CM690 powder coated, worked out slightly cheaper, & finish was far better than what I could have achieved myself, plus powder coating is harder wearing, it's available in thousands of colours & various finishes.
See this thread. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18453248

Last edited:
Caporegime
best thing is bung a sprayer a drink to spray it. or as said above find a powder coater

you wont get great finishes with a aerosol can really needs to be done properly. weve done cases bikes playstations in pearl :p

Caporegime
you do get a nice feeling from doing yourself but its all down to how decent you want the job .

a aerosol can could do it but it will not be great finish

thing about spraying is the actual prep work put in to make it good

Caporegime
Personally id go for the powdercoating option. Far less hassle, and as the case will be taken apart and then reassembled for you. You have the option of multiple colour choices on separate parts. I wouldnt fancy trying to de rivet a case then put it back together myself.

Soldato
Been thinking about getting my other CM690 & another case powder coated in the new year.

Did a search on Google, for some coloured pop rivets hemlock green or maybe blue, to my surprise I found several stockists in the USA, who stock about 20 or so different colours.

Caporegime
Ive also got a case that ive been meaning to get done. Lian Li A70F full tower. Gotta wait till i can afford it though as ill have to send it away. Was looking at a blue and black contrasting colour scheme, internals only.

Back
Top Bottom