Spring Creators update strange partition issue

Soldato
Bit of a strange one here, brother's PC updated to the Spring Creators and for some reason it gave the 450mb recovery partition a drive letter (E: ) and it's constantly filling up, causing the disk full error:

y9wtEN1.png

I've seen the odd bug where it creates an extra partition, but not one where it does this :confused:.

EDIT: Used diskpart to remove the drive letter... no idea if that's the best fix but it "solved" it for now.

Last edited:
Soldato
It shouldn't be filling up, it's just got so little space available that it's issuing warnings.

I found quite a few references to this problem while I was trying to find a fix for a different upgrade issue. General consensus appeared to be leave it in place but remove the drive letter.

Soldato
OP
Yup, did that for now. Compared it with mine and while it's a little bigger at 500mb (most likely due to me using a newer W10 ISO to install), the space used is roughly the same. So no worries I guess, probably my brother panicked and thought it was filling up. Still, odd that it randomly assigned it a drive letter.

Back
Top Bottom