SQL qualification

Associate
Where would be a good place to obtain some official documentation to show my SQL server proficiency?

Reason I ask is my company may be going down a path that could put my current role at risk of redundancy.

I've been using SQL on and off as part of my daily role for the best part of 6 years. I am fairly confident with standard functionality such as joins, views, stored procedures, functions, profiler, updates, creating tables etc.

However all my training has been 'on the job' andI've got nothing to show my abilities on paper.

Therefore I'm not sure if there are some basic accreditation teats I can book, or if I have to complete some random online course, which may not hold much weight potential employers? Problem is there are so many out there so don't know where to start :confused:

Is anyone familiar with getting a SQL qualification at all?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Where would be a good place to obtain some official documentation to show my SQL server proficiency?

Reason I ask is my company may be going down a path that could put my current role at risk of redundancy.

I've been using SQL on and off as part of my daily role for the best part of 6 years. I am fairly confident with standard functionality such as joins, views, stored procedures, functions, profiler, updates, creating tables etc.

However all my training has been 'on the job' andI've got nothing to show my abilities on paper.

Therefore I'm not sure if there are some basic accreditation teats I can book, or if I have to complete some random online course, which may not hold much weight potential employers? Problem is there are so many put there so don't know where to start :confused:

Is anyone familiar with getting a SQL qualification at all?

My SQL dev has no formal qualifications, your 6 years experience means more than any piece of paper. Make sure your sql experience is front and centre CV and you will be golden.

Man of Honour
MS do some, but as Vince said there's 10 guys in my team none of us have any SQL quals but we've all got 5+ years of real world experience and that's all our company cared about.

Back
Top Bottom