Stalker 2

Soldato
............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

didn't microsoft say they were going to save pc gaming like twice in 10 years
It's confusing the way they say it there. The FAQ on the official website is less ambiguous;

Which platform is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 going to be released on?

The game will have a simultaneous release on PC and Xbox Series X. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will also enter Xbox Game Pass on console on day one.

Soldato
Much as I like the Metro series, compared to Stalker it is the ginger stepchild. My main worry with this is it being on console as well it may have the same atmosphere, but I can't see it being as hardcore in the beginning as SOC was as most console players are just going to give up. Maybe that won't matter in the long run if they get the story right and the open world aspect. Looks to be set some years later what Corden looking even more delapidated.

Soldato
that was legit a copy and paste from the stalker 2 website.

it now says simultaneous release your right.

how weird

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33786555 had a scren shot of the old faq if you think I was making that up
No, it was me that posted the original FAQ! Glad they cleared it up though.

Could have been a Metro trailer.

Hardly surprising given that Metro was heavily influenced by the original STALKER games and their source material.

Soldato
Much as I like the Metro series, compared to Stalker it is the ginger stepchild. My main worry with this is it being on console as well it may have the same atmosphere, but I can't see it being as hardcore in the beginning as SOC was as most console players are just going to give up. Maybe that won't matter in the long run if they get the story right and the open world aspect. Looks to be set some years later what Corden looking even more delapidated.

This is my worry too!

Really want this to be as brutal as that is what made the game so atmospheric the first time round!

Soldato

It was hard in a lot of way due to artificial limits (wasn't anything special), so I can't say I'd miss those too much. I'm more worried about the general feel of the game and atmosphere. We'll see...

The big worry for me is that it's not the original team, who made the game with their own engine (X-ray; a big part of what made the originals so good imo).

Well, you have a lot of options to make good open world games with Cry Engine and Unreal being the major ones. But they'll need the talent and will to make something special.

Caporegime
Love the series, but with all this talk of Cyberpunk, it's reminded me what a hot mess these games were when they were released. :p

I can't disagree with that.

I'll still wait for reviews and see if I can get it for a sensible price, though how long I'll be able to hold out before buying this, I don't know. :D

As long as the modding community are able to work on projects then that's the main thing as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah good memories this thread invokes of playing stalker: shadow of chernobyl back in the day, 2005 or 07 i think. The atmosphere was fantastic. The sound, the howling/barking dogs and distant gunfire, the impromptu guitar playing npc's jamming away etc. Very difficult combat later in the game. Hope the pc version isn't nerfed because of the console version.

Soldato
Ah good memories this thread invokes of playing stalker: shadow of chernobyl back in the day, 2005 or 07 i think. The atmosphere was fantastic. The sound, the howling/barking dogs and distant gunfire, the impromptu guitar playing npc's jamming away etc. Very difficult combat later in the game. Hope the pc version isn't nerfed because of the console version.

It's only next gen consoles, so it shouldn't.

So far it looks like they've got a good grip on the atmosphere, gameplay and story next. :)

Back
Top Bottom