Standard Which Phone but need dual sim

Associate
My Oneplus 3T is a bit long in the tooth now so I'm looking for a new phone.

Must have dual sim, not Samsung or Huawei.

Phones I'm been looing at are at two end of the scale.

Oneplus 8t
OnePlus 8 pro (don't really care about the wireless charging and ip rating.)
Oppo Reno4 pro 5G

OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

As nothing really says to me "I NEED IT" at the moment, I've been looking at the lower end phones with the thought about upgrading in a year or two. I don't run anything that my 3T struggles with apart from maybe pokemon go.
Is there any phone I'm obviously missing? Anyone have thoughts about the ones listed?

Thanks

Simon

Associate
My take:

If I wanted to keep with OnePlus then I would probably choose the OnePlus 8t if you're not worried about IP rating or wireless charging (my thinking is that 8t would be slightly cheaper as a result however I hgave been wrong before)

Please excuse me for being blunt but I'm curious:

If you're looking for the "next year or two" why look now?

Associate
OP
My take:

If I wanted to keep with OnePlus then I would probably choose the OnePlus 8t if you're not worried about IP rating or wireless charging (my thinking is that 8t would be slightly cheaper as a result however I hgave been wrong before)

Please excuse me for being blunt but I'm curious:

If you're looking for the "next year or two" why look now?
I mean buy a cheap one now and look again in a year or two also the 3T camera has stopped focusing properly and the battery is not holding a charge all day anymore.

The 8T is a bout £100 cheaper than the 8 Pro

Associate
I mean buy a cheap one now and look again in a year or two also the 3T camera has stopped focusing properly and the battery is not holding a charge all day anymore.

The 8T is a bout £100 cheaper than the 8 Pro
If I could afford it then get the OnePlus 8T, assuming you want to keep with OnePlus?

To be fair most phones nowadays are only supported for 1-2 years so I see no real "need" to "get a cheap phone for now" (and on "cheap" phones it will only be supported for 1 year); just save up and go for the 8T

Associate
OP
If I could afford it then get the OnePlus 8T, assuming you want to keep with OnePlus?

To be fair most phones nowadays are only supported for 1-2 years so I see no real "need" to "get a cheap phone for now" (and on "cheap" phones it will only be supported for 1 year); just save up and go for the 8T

If I buy a cheap one now, I will still have the £400 odd price difference next year to buy a different phone. If I buy full price one I will be stuck with it for 3 years or so.

Associate
OP
Then you may want to have a look at some of the 8T reviews, Oxygen OS 11 has a few design similarities with OneUI. It's like an odd hybrid of Pixel and Samsung.
Thanks I'll check some out. I'd been focusing on the hardware as I thought the os would be very similar to my 3t.
Total bust trying to get my hands on either though. O2 only had the oppo find range in store and 3 didn't have any 8ts in stock

Associate
OP
Just to finish up, I ended up with a Mi 10 Lite 5G for £250. Very happy with it, it will definitely last me for the next year or so then I can see what the flagships have got again.

Soldato
I'm in need of a new phone and am interested in the Mi 10 lite too, what do you think of it, what's the screen and camera like?
Where did you see it for £250?

Associate
OP
I'm in need of a new phone and am interested in the Mi 10 lite too, what do you think of it, what's the screen and camera like?
Where did you see it for £250?

Sorry £350. Typo.

It's down to £311 now on Amazon.

It works fine for me. Camera is fast and produces decent results. Night mode takes quite good pictures if you hold it steady.
Screen is clear and colourful, I'd prefer a hole punch for the front camera but the teardrop notch is fine as well.
Battery life is still great balanced with the charger taking a bit longer than the OnePlus did.

Miui is a bit agressive on the app closures but you can set it to ignore some apps. Doesn't work perfectly. Things like Pokémon go will close and have to start up again if you switch out for too long.

Soldato
Check the Xioami UK site, there have been daily deals this week, including the 10 Lite 5G for £159, iirc the deal posted on HotUKDeals.com on Monday...

Probably a good job I saw that one too late yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom