Star Citizen

Soldato
Good stuff :)

If anyone doesn't have the game, you're more than welcome to join me on Discord to watch a live stream and have a chat.

You never know your luck. We might end up on a dodgy server that confirms everything you think :D :D :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Scam.

Kinda funny, I wondered if they intended this from the start?

Fair play to Chris Roberts though.

Obviously no one forced anyone to donate, or whatever they called it, I think as scams or crimes go, it's pretty funny.

All I'll say is, if you still genuinely believe there is going to be some game at the end of all this....well......

Soldato
Nothing but a fancy looking tech. demo with some rudimentary, and bugged, 'gameplay' added on top to keep the quaffers of the Kool-aid sated and quiet.

And if you dare to ask where the game you initially kickstarted is you get labelled a troll.

Soldato
I'd link the main Star Citizen thread but any ounce of negativity in there is instantly met with backlash from fans. They just can't see reason anymore.

Soldato
I am looking forward to the netflix documentary on the game that never was.

100% this and yet so many fans think we're just taking the you know what.

This whole thing is no different to the numerous crypto scams going on today. Fans have been over promised on things that will never be delivered in full. A part of me feels sorry for the fans, they want something so bad their unable to step back and see what's going on.

If Netflix don't make a documentary you bet someone will, it's only a matter of time before it all comes out what a con this is.

Soldato
At the moment it seems too ambitious. Obviously the massive financial influx has changed direction but I don't think even the creators know which direction to go now.

It just needs to be bought back to basics - just do something well and you can add the rest on over time. Adding everything at the same time just to appease people seems a very strange way to develop.

I'd love it to be great and I'd certainly thing about buying it if there was a somewhat finished product in there but, in it's current state, it looks a mess.

M.

Soldato
Whoa chill guys, remember not to be too salty about the amazing game that will change the landscape of gaming when its eventually released in 2077
If you are too critical the Scam Citizen zealots will be along to remind you the their lord god and saviour Chris Roberts make you watch the Wing Commander film for the rest of eternity as penance for your lack of faith.

Soldato
In terms of the performance I found when I upgraded to 32GB the performance massively improved. RAM usage was around 25GB, the highest I've ever seen for a game, and this is just the game and launcher running - no chrome tabs or OBS screen capture or anything

But yeah it's so very very unfinished. It does scale very well but that's about it.

Soldato
In terms of the performance I found when I upgraded to 32GB the performance massively improved. RAM usage was around 25GB, the highest I've ever seen for a game, and this is just the game and launcher running - no chrome tabs or OBS screen capture or anything

But yeah it's so very very unfinished. It does scale very well but that's about it.

25GB? I have never had it go above 21GB in game after hours. Launcher shows 6GB on my system and nobody else I have seen has that issue. But then I have also been happily getting 60-100fps in game too so generally people sulk about performance just don't look into anything. Runs better than ED or NMS in terms of FPS for me.

Soldato
I think star citizen is becoming like the flat earth society.

You know I had a mate that was in to this, turns out the whole thing is a pretty big troll, like 95% of people don't actually believe it but they play along just for ***** and giggles.

Back
Top Bottom