Star Wars Battlefront3: Maybe A PC Release!

Soldato
Obviously this could change as the development has changed hands from Free Radical who went bust to Rebellion but if you check out this pre-alpha video it does say at the very end that the PC is one of the platforms its coming out on which figures as the other 2 were also PC releases. As you will see from the footage (which must have been created on the PC) they have already spent a huge amount of money on this game and some of the battles graphically look very good (for a Star Wars game that is). You even get to fly a cool looking Millenium Falcon in battle:D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Zb0iSWGTM

I presume because of the amount of money spent Lucasarts have not cancelled it so it should get a wide multiplatform release.

Soldato
Yeah I was having a look at that earlier. Looks quite good considering the poor efforts in the last two versions. But looks like they have got a new team for this release. Lets just hope that it gets the platform that it deserves.

The one and only...PC!!!!

Associate
Good point, bloodline76. Hopefully this will make a difference. It's a Star Wars game so I'll have to buy it in the hope that it's good but the series has been completely lacking since Jedi Knight.

The one thing that's putting me off is managing to find a video of this and it was looking to be all 3rd person and very console like. Perhaps the video doesn't point to what the PC release will be like however it was enough to make me worry.

Associate
Looks like an impressive engine. Vid looked quite Benny Hill-esque at times, with people running round in fast-forward with their little legs pumping away.

Back
Top Bottom