US: Star Wars: Rebels

Man of Honour
Haven't seen the final two episodes yet, they're for tonight. I loved the Twin Suns episode with Obi Wan, and that shout of 'Luke' at the end. Not to mention that John Williams' 'Binary Sunset' always gives me goosebumps.

Agreed, that was actually quite significant canon wise in terms of Luke.

Associate
Great final few episodes to the season. The maul/obi wan fight was a bit anti climactic but I can see why it was done that way. The whole build up to it was excellent. Finale was great too :)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
The maul/obi wan fight was a bit anti climactic but I can see why it was done that way.

You could see that Obi-wan had no desire to kill Maul, but the moment he started guessing why he was on Tatooine that was it, there was no way he was leaving that camp alive; and by this point the power gap between Maul and Obi-wan was too much to overcome, Maul was a broken man, while Obi-wan was focused on his mission at the height of his powers. It was over before it began.

Soldato
Great final few episodes to the season. The maul/obi wan fight was a bit anti climactic but I can see why it was done that way. The whole build up to it was excellent. Finale was great too :)

I thought that at first but it wouldn't have worked if they were suddently doing Ep1 acrobatics again. Did you notice Obi-wan changed to Qui-Jon's sabre stance right before taking Maul out by countering the move he used to kill Qui-Jon?:D

Associate
I thought that at first but it wouldn't have worked if they were suddently doing Ep1 acrobatics again. Did you notice Obi-wan changed to Qui-Jon's sabre stance right before taking Maul out by countering the move he used to kill Qui-Jon?:D

Haha I know, they are both much older now. I didn't spot that no, might have to go watch it again to see! :)

Soldato
Just watched the last episode, wow. I amazed at how good that was, I have lump in my throat like I did when I watched the last episode of Quantum Leap.
It might be a kids cartoon but that was so carefully and lovingly written, they cared for and cherished the intellectual property in a way the Kathleen Kennedy films can only dream about.
It has been the Star Wars I loved from my childhood from start to finish it built on what came before and delivered a great story. WOW

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Just watched the last episode, wow. I amazed at how good that was, I have lump in my throat like I did when I watched the last episode of Quantum Leap.
It might be a kids cartoon but that was so carefully and lovingly written, they cared for and cherished the intellectual property in a way the Kathleen Kennedy films can only dream about.
It has been the Star Wars I loved from my childhood from start to finish it built on what came before and delivered a great story. WOW

It's been a great show and as you say stayed true to the Star Wars universe throughout.

I'm hoping Ashoka is a main character in the next show. Also it's be a good link to TFA if we find out that Thrawn had some hand in building the First Order from the remains of the Empire...

Soldato
@HeX
It was an interesting twist to include her in the wrap up equally with Thrawn too. I just doubt they are that switched on. They really needed a style guide which set out a framework overarching plot for the different creators to build on because ideas like Ashoka and Thrawn would make a great back story for some of the movies which have thus far been very lack lustre

Soldato
Shame there's not going to be anymore I mean how can they after what they shown had gone on for X years after the kid left.

If there was ever Gona be a live cast version of SW this should have been it imo, it had some great plots in.

Soldato
Ah are they cool, is it going to be a continuation of rebels or something new?

A Kotor era based on the two games could be fun.

Tho I do wish they get rid of the child like animation that a lot of kids shows use these days and go something more nicer and real looking or maybe a anime styled one.

Last edited:
Associate
Will I feel as If I've missed something If I skip season 1 of this? Or should I just endure what seems to be the first season's lowlights to get to the good stuff?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Worth watching Season 1 for the Vader eps, and the character backgrounds. Season 2 onwards really step up the storytelling however. Season 2 finale is absolutely brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom