Star Wars: The Old Republic free trial

Huw

Huw

Associate
Played some more and I'm getting quite bored to be honest. I'll only carry on out of sheer bloody-mindedness now. It does absolutely nothing better than any other MMORPG, and nothing different either. I'm astonished that the product of so much development time and money has resulted in this.

Don't get me wrong, it's not crap. A few years ago I'd probably have loved it. But these days it just doesn't offer enough. Bit of a shame really. I wish I'd played Galaxies all those years ago now. :(

Associate
Played some more and I'm getting quite bored to be honest. I'll only carry on out of sheer bloody-mindedness now. It does absolutely nothing better than any other MMORPG, and nothing different either. I'm astonished that the product of so much development time and money has resulted in this.

Don't get me wrong, it's not crap. A few years ago I'd probably have loved it. But these days it just doesn't offer enough. Bit of a shame really. I wish I'd played Galaxies all those years ago now. :(

Have you tried Tera? That might be what you looking for?

Associate
Downloaded it but not even going to try it now after reading some bad things about it. It's got me in an MMO mood though so I might give Rift Lite a go.

Huw

Huw

Associate
Downloaded it but not even going to try it now after reading some bad things about it. It's got me in an MMO mood though so I might give Rift Lite a go.

Rift is much better than STWOR in my opinion. It's exceedingly polished, is relatively innovative in some areas, and the soul system is absolutely superb - worth the price alone.

Something else that bugs me about SWTOR is how on rails it is. Having played to level 10 so far (on the Sith side), I'm amazed at how much of the early environments have quite literally been just corridors. I think that SWTOR's defining characteristic is that it's just so boring. :(

Soldato
I thought it was awful, i've never been a huge MMO kinda fan but I downloaded WoW to compare and I like it. o.O

SWTOR just felt really dated and clunky :/

Going to try Rift, Eve etc, i've never got into a game like this before because I don't normally have enough time. Are there any that are free, as in you buy the game and don't pay a monthly fee - I can't really justify a monthly payment as there will be times i'd never play.

Huw

Huw

Associate
Going to try Rift, Eve etc, i've never got into a game like this before because I don't normally have enough time. Are there any that are free, as in you buy the game and don't pay a monthly fee - I can't really justify a monthly payment as there will be times i'd never play.

Try Aion or Lord of the Rings.

Huw

Huw

Associate
Aion will do you well, then. The free account is quite restricted but you can get max level and go anywhere, so for non-hardcore play it's fine. I've just started playing it myself and I quite like it for casual play. Flying is fun! :)

Back
Top Bottom