• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Starfield CPU performance reviews

I was going to say the same I went from an 8 core 5800x to a 6 core 7600 and I get a nice bump in fps in both starfield and cyberpunk. Nowt wrong with the 7600, it's a cracking 65w cpu.
Yes, reviews showed I wasn't losing too much and would have plenty of scope for upgrades. If I wasn't repurposing my 5800X3D machine for work I wouldn't have got the AM5 system. The aim is to go to another X3D chip (8800X3D) though at some point but no need for what I use it for at the moment.

Yes, reviews showed I wasn't losing too much and would have plenty of scope for upgrades. If I wasn't repurposing my 5800X3D machine for work I wouldn't have got the AM5 system. The aim is to go to another X3D chip (8800X3D) though at some point but no need for what I use it for at the moment.
Similar to me. It is the upgrade scope I was thinking of so I went to AM5 in order to get ready for the 8000 series CPUs, and so I didn't need to splash more cash than needed on the 7000 CPUs - so went with the 7600. :)

More data and summary page added to this. If you guys want to see how you compare vs various configurations in CPU limited testing. Feel free to contribute as well!

At least I make sure both are tuned to perfection. Rather than somehow making Nvidia faster in a game where everyman and his dog knows that AMD GPUs are faster. Gotta get those YT clicks for money somehow I guess.

Meanwhile, in reality. (1440P Lowest settings + spot cache Ultra)
CQ5VA4W.png

ZLSVDmS.jpg

Feel free to see if you can beat my 4090 result, @Grim5. I'll be surprised if you get within 20 FPS of it. If you do, I'll give it another run as I can probably add a few more FPS onto the result. Regardless, It's not going to be faster than the AMD GPU - unless you are framechasers that is.

Welcome. Robert's results I actually trust. regardless of what hardware he is using.
Those 4090 results are way over what the average user should expect to achieve. With tuned A die memory and a 7950x3d Curve Optimiser tuned, with an Overclocked 4090 I get just over 500 in the average CPU. That’s with gamebar, game mode on, up to date chipset drivers and a fresh install of windows 11 with as much bloat removed as possible.

Your numbers are always way over what I get. Am I missing something settings wise? I have friends with the exact same system and some of theirs are even worse with everything tuned etc.
Apologies, I didn't see your reply to me before.

That 383 score is quite old now so I ran it again this morning and got the following new best score.

I've not seen a single 4090 score higher in COD tbf, so this might take some beating when looking at the overall, CPU and GPU FPS. @Grim5

Despite this epic score, it's still just over 15% slower than my XTX in COD/WZ2.

Apologies, I didn't see your reply to me before.

That 383 score is quite old now so I ran it again this morning and got the following new best score.

I've not seen a single 4090 score higher in COD tbf, so this might take some beating when looking at the overall, CPU and GPU FPS. @Grim5

Despite this epic score, it's still just over 15% slower than my XTX in COD/WZ2.
This score is absolutely nuts. I’m just breaking 500 on the CPU.

Maybe when the 8950x3d and 5090 come out I will match them lol.

Could you share the config file please?

Last edited:
Last edited:

I can’t get close to yours. This was my best so far, but from a few days ago. Even with your config I’m getting a little lower today when I try.

I only want to play this, don't care about mw2

I'll be playing the beta of that (MW3) next week, will be uploading videos of it running the XTX/4090 to my YT channel.

I can’t get close to yours. This was my best so far, but from a few days ago. Even with your config I’m getting a little lower today when I try.
That's not surprising, there's no magic in my config. Still, not a bad score at all there. :)

Unfortunately you need to be frame chasers to magically make Nvidia faster than AMD in COD games. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll be playing the beta of that (MW3) next week, will be uploading videos of it running the XTX/4090 to my YT channel.

That's not surprising, there's no magic in my config. Still, not a bad score at all there. :)

Unfortunately you need to be frame chasers to magically make Nvidia faster than AMD in COD games. :rolleyes:
One day I hope to be able to reach the same scores you have, but I highly doubt it. I’m sure that’s some kind of record. Crazy!

Back
Top Bottom