Stargate SG-1!!!

Soldato
To those who didn't see yesterday's episode what the hell were you doing!

I have to admit I was never a fan of Cam and the last two season but yesterday's episode was awesome too recap:

Teal'c based storylines always rock.
Bra'tac was in it.
Teal'c went on a killing spree.
there was a cockney jaffa in it who I swear was in eastenders!
cam got beat down by Teal'c.
big fight with slightly distasteful enemy dies on spike ending.
Touching ending.

I can't believe Cameron even bothered to fight Teal'c! Jack would never have done that.

Season 9 was pretty much a waste but season 10 has had it's highlights and this episode was definitely one of them. Shame SG-1 has to end but at least we get a Teal'c based episode before the movies start to roll out.

Soldato
Filler eppisodes? Not seen season 2 yet.....

Atlantis will have sam, and maybe others next season, and sg-1 are making 2 movies to tie up the lose ends, 1 with jack, one without

Soldato
Curse Holby City and parents. That was episode 17, wasn't it? leaving around 2 left. :(

I'll be honest and say I don't really like Cam, with his accent, but Teal'c has really developed over this past season "How about puff" I just had to rofl at that.

Also, got the jems that are Adria and Vala. :p

Re: Atlantis, yes, there has been fillers, but they set themselves up well for a great season 4. :)

Aod

Aod

Soldato
can any of you persuade me that Season 9 of SG-1 is worth watching? i've sorta abandoned SG-1 in favour of Atlantis since i finished watching season 8.

i'm reluctant to watch it because of a defficiancy in vitamin O'neill.

Associate
Aod said:
can any of you persuade me that Season 9 of SG-1 is worth watching? i've sorta abandoned SG-1 in favour of Atlantis since i finished watching season 8.

i'm reluctant to watch it because of a defficiancy in vitamin O'neill.

can't persuade u. lol. takes a couple eps before it starts to get good. o'neil is in a few eps in sg-1 and atlantis.

Soldato
Mundu said:
To those who didn't see yesterday's episode what the hell were you doing!

I have to admit I was never a fan of Cam and the last two season but yesterday's episode was awesome too recap:

Teal'c based storylines always rock.
Bra'tac was in it.
Teal'c went on a killing spree.
there was a cockney jaffa in it who I swear was in eastenders!
cam got beat down by Teal'c.
big fight with slightly distasteful enemy dies on spike ending.
Touching ending.

I can't believe Cameron even bothered to fight Teal'c! Jack would never have done that.

Season 9 was pretty much a waste but season 10 has had it's highlights and this episode was definitely one of them. Shame SG-1 has to end but at least we get a Teal'c based episode before the movies start to roll out.

Gah! Fool, blow the whole gaff why don't yer!?

I am behind on my Stargate and now you have gone and spoiled some unseen episode for me :(

Spoiler warning next time :p

Also, re Stargate SG-1 future. As you know there are two films intended to tie up the Ori story arc. However, there is some chance of more SG-1. It is only the Sci-Fi channel that has cancelled SG-1. They don't make the show. MGM have said they wanted to make more shows and there is a possibility another network could pick it up.

So for you optimistic clingers on, there may be hope yet :p

Associate
SiriusB said:
Also, re Stargate SG-1 future. As you know there are two films intended to tie up the Ori story arc. However, there is some chance of more SG-1. It is only the Sci-Fi channel that has cancelled SG-1. They don't make the show. MGM have said they wanted to make more shows and there is a possibility another network could pick it up.

So for you optimistic clingers on, there may be hope yet :p

I read somewhere that Sci-Fi has a contract whereby if it was cancelled or something, SG-1 could not appear on another network. also there are talks of a third spin-off based on stargate universe.

Soldato
hittman said:
I read somewhere that Sci-Fi has a contract whereby if it was cancelled or something, SG-1 could not appear on another network. also there are talks of a third spin-off based on stargate universe.

ooh never knew Sci-Fi's contract said they couldn't show it on another network. Seems kinda strange for a studio to sign such a contract though... if we the network decide not to air your show, you can't ask anyone else. Crazy.

I did hear about a third series but that's all. Heard nothing about the format though.

Associate
Personally for me SG-1 is never the same without Jack. The episode 2 or 3 ago with Jack & Daniel was just quality imo - the quips/one liners.

The only thing that makes up for missing Jack is Vala/Daniel - the relationship between the two is great and Vala's char is comedy.

Cam is okay but I get the feeling they want him to still be Mr Quirky Farscape man.

I have to say I didn't really watch Atlantis but now I really like it. Again the chars Shepard,Ronin and Rodney make it worth watching.

Soldato
AthlonTom said:
I think;
24 > Battlestar Gallactica > Lost > SG1 > SG-Atlantis

If I'd have done this when SG1 was in season 7 it would have won hands down

I think currently Atlantis is better than SG1. As has already been said its not the same without Jack. Otherwise you're spot on.

Associate
can't believe how popular battlestar got..

admittedly, it's good now

but there was a point when every episode was a waste of time

although the last 2 I watched were complete fillers, the last of which being really poor... nothing to do with the main story arc, and not even that interesting... nothing happened

argh

this is why tshows like Day Break, 24 and Prison Break are so good

you never get a crap episode

Back
Top Bottom