Starlink thoughts?

Soldato
I have a question about Starlink but rather than hijack someone else's thread I thought why not create the main Starlink thread for all Starlink related discussions.

I will kick things off. My sister has told me that her new house will only have Starlink available as an internet connection and was asking my opinion. As I have no experience with this type of network connection I thought I'd ask here.

It looks half decent and most online opinions are positive. I understand that speeds can be variable due to the weather and congestion but other than that do you think you can work from home (video calls) as well as stream Netflix and stuff like that ok with this type of internet connection?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There's already a thread.

Reactions: KIA
Soldato
I've had it for around 2 weeks now, similar to your sister, it's the only thing available for me out here and it's a life saver as we could've never moved to this area without it. I'm not using the Starlink Router and i believe that's a weak spot. The other annoyance is the router doesn't have an ethernet port so you need to buy an adaptor to use it in Bypass Mode.

I've just done a speedtest and using a wired connection i get this, although get similar speeds on my phone.

My wife and I both work from home, and my wife usually has Netflix on in the background too and we haven't had any issues so far. We've also had some pretty bad storms and no issues with drops there either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom