Started folding....

Soldato
I've started running FAH at work on my Linux machine. It's nothing too exciting, just a P4 1.5ghz with 512mb of RAM. I'll probably set it going on my hime machine too when I get back, that's on oldish AMD 64 3200 with 1GB of RAM.

I used to be quite into SETI but decided to stop when I got married, my wife didn't see the reason for having five machines switched on 24 hours a day. Hopefully I won't get too hooked on Folding but you never know. Should I put it on all of the machines here at work, I'm responsible for about 2000 :D

Soldato
Welcome to the team :)

Clark Nova said:
Hopefully I won't get too hooked on Folding but you never know. Should I put it on all of the machines here at work, I'm responsible for about 2000 :D
Prepare to get divorced - if you found Seti addicted then this is like pure colombian*

If you have permission to install on a mahoosive number of machines then we're not going to try and stop you :p
Have a word with Whitestar (Ligerzero) as I think he may know some tricks for mass installations being a bit of a farmer himself :D

*coffee of course - what else could I mean? :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Soldato
Welcome to the warm foldy arms of Team 10. :D

I've got some tools I use for mass-installations too. Drop me an email if you want more info. :)

emailmeeh3.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the welcome chaps :)

I selected team 10 when I was configuring the client, should I expect to just appear on the FAH website or will it only happen after I've submitted my first work unit?

Associate
Yeah, I'd get the tools off of BTI if I were you. The way I do it isnt very good.

I copied a configured client and the reg entries to make it a service to a memory stick and then created a batch file that copies it all to a pc and then runs the service.

The only problems with this are that when I stop the service it gives me errors (probably coz I havn't copied all the reg entries needed) and you have to go to every machine to do it, which isnt so bad on a farm of 300 ish, but on 2000 machines it could take a while.

Actually BTI can I drop you an email so I can get the tools you use for mass installations?

Back
Top Bottom