Steam christmas sale 2010... *twitch*

Associate
... When is it going to start *twitch*.. ive been waiting here with my creditcard in hand *twitch* by my computer since the 1st of december .. lol :eek:

Seriously though, I've read that because of money problems their not going to have one this year. Is that true?:(

Soldato
It was around christmas time last year I remember as there were 3-4 titles I wanted but couldn't buy as I was in Ireland at the time and their security measures said I couldn't buy because I was based in Belgium and the IP address was irish :(

Apparently you have to be in the country (based on your IP address) where the account is registered.

I'll have the same problem this year as well.

:(

Caporegime
Seriously though, I've read that because of money problems their not going to have one this year. Is that true?:(
Of course its true - yep right after the Thanksgiving sale and the Treasure Hunt which seems to have discounted games they cant do a Christmas sale due to money issues...

Behave :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Where's the sense in that? The purpose of the sales is to make money, nice as it is for the consumer it's not done as a favour to gamers.

Associate
It was around christmas time last year I remember as there were 3-4 titles I wanted but couldn't buy as I was in Ireland at the time and their security measures said I couldn't buy because I was based in Belgium and the IP address was irish :(

Apparently you have to be in the country (based on your IP address) where the account is registered.

Go through a proxy?

Soldato
Go through a proxy?

I tried this a while back, and it's just too much hassle to bother. The speed on free proxies is woeful, and the connection always falls over when faced with a secure payment server on the far end.

Just poke someone on the forums, forward the cash through paypal and we'll buy you the game as a gift.

Associate
OP
Tbh i thought it was wrong, but as it was the 13th and no signs or promise of a sale.. i was starting to worry lol Damn you IGN :p

I thought last year they did an advent calandar. Each day had a game for sale. (or was that d2d?) Anyways, i can ne wait ;)

Associate
On the 20th it starts according to the Steam forums. Which makes sense since Valve want people to log in that day.

Man of Honour

Gimpymoo on these boards gifts games to the geographically challenged.

Soldato
I tried this a while back, and it's just too much hassle to bother. The speed on free proxies is woeful, and the connection always falls over when faced with a secure payment server on the far end.

Just poke someone on the forums, forward the cash through paypal and we'll buy you the game as a gift.

Yeah I was going to say im pretty happy to gift stuff to anyone stuck out side the cheap uk prices :) (christmas hat and all)

L4D2 is a couple of quid today sorting out half a christmas present for me!

Back
Top Bottom