STEAM - declining my card!

Soldato
Has anyone else had their CC declined due to incorrect address on steam?

I've tried every possible variation on my address, and they all get rejected.

I've logged into my online CC account to see what address they have me down as.

gah!

I'e e-mailed Steam and my CC company, but no reply as yet.

No you have to enter your address EXACTLY as it appears on your bank statement. Best thing to do is contact steam support as if you have failed a few times as they lock your card. That's what happened to me but the support bloke sorted it out.

masterk said:
Do Steam go by the address details they have for you when you signed up?

They don't have an address to fill in on initial Startup.

Have you entered the correct country from the dropdown list? I've missed that twice before when buying stuff.

Rincewind said:
my ****** electron card isn't accepted by them. grrr. need a new card :(

One of my friends pre-ordered HL2: Episode 1 using his VISA Electron and it processed fine and has appeared fully on his online statement.

DaveyD said:
Is it actually an electron? Or is it a VISA Debit?

Definitely just a normal Visa Electron. He didn't get charged a fee for an overseas transaction like I did either, Halifax took £1.50 off me!

Jimbo Mahoney said:
Has anyone else had their CC declined due to incorrect address on steam?

I've tried every possible variation on my address, and they all get rejected.

I've logged into my online CC account to see what address they have me down as.

gah!

I'e e-mailed Steam and my CC company, but no reply as yet.

Yes this happened to me the other day. I have not tried to sort it yet.

One problem I faced is that Steam doesn't like having a flat number in a seperate line. It wants flat number followed by number/street on the first line of the input box.

E.g. 1/4, 8392 Blah Street.

apparently if your card has a Visa or Mastercard logo on it, no matter what type it is it should work. Thats visa debit/electron/cc and whatever mastercard variations there are.
bloody maestro doesn't work though does it!!! grrrr!

Gonna have to borrow one i think.

I had this problem back when i tried to buy DoD Source.

I contacted them and they said my details were failing to pass validation at my CC company.

I contacted my CC company and they said the payments had been free'd up and were only waiting for steam to lift the money.

I then went back to steam and they said something or other about the precise fields the validation checks.

So I then go back to my CC company and ask if they can give me the details in these fields which they do. Turns out to be like only 1/2 of all my details and 1 of the fields i normally dont fill in.

So i go back and when i input my address this time i use the fields i had just been told (If this was for something to get delivered i'd be in big trouble as the details are just not so good.) and hey presto it worked.

afraser2k said:
One problem I faced is that Steam doesn't like having a flat number in a seperate line. It wants flat number followed by number/street on the first line of the input box.

E.g. 1/4, 8392 Blah Street.

ScarySquirrel said:
I had this problem too, i was doing:

Line 1: Flat 4
Line 2: 3 Madeira Park

and it only worked when i did

Line 1: Flat 4, 3 Madeira Park
Line 2: Blank

I'll give that a go.

Same here! I had my current visa card rejected and tried several time.
I used another card (Master card) and that was accepted straight away!

I hardly ever enter my address exactly as it appears on my statement (Cl instead of Close and Northants instead of Northamptonshire) and I'm yet to have a card declined because of it.

It seems overly anal if they'll decline due to having your flat number on a seperate line to the street address.

Back
Top Bottom