Steam Games Not Loading

Associate
I have a random issue just started this morning, some of my Steam games will not load. I have 7 games installed, but RDR2 and a game called Xmorph: Defense both try to boot but then nothing happens and the play button returns to green from blue.
I have verified the game files for RDR2 and there were no issues. I don't think it's antivirus as I just use Windows and there are no recent events in apps.
It's strange that it's only a couple of games.

Any ideas?
TIA

Permabanned
Try creating a shortcut to games on desktop and run as Admin (either set this in its properties or right click it to play).

Associate
OP
When I add a desktop shortcut from Steam menu, all I get is a URL shortcut that loads Chrome and displays:
[{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]
Prop3=19,0
[InternetShortcut]
IDList=
IconIndex=0
URL=steam://rungameid/408410
IconFile=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam\games\7175ed92d8104b40e7888bec36c2e627d3bf9c6e.ico

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Xmorph, still no joy.

Permabanned
Try:

To run the game as an Administrator:
  1. Right click the game in your Steam Library.
  2. Go to Properties then the Local Files tab.
  3. Click Browse Local Files.
  4. Locate the game executable (the application).
  5. Right click it and go to Properties.
  6. Click the Compatibility tab.
  7. Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
or

Right click on the game in steam library, click properties, click set launch options, and put this in the arguments "runas.exe/user:administrator".

Associate
OP
OK, tried that on RDR2, Rockstar launcher loads and says "You have been logged out because your authentication ticket is no longer valid".
I've reset my password and get the same thing.

Tried Xmorph (run as admin) and nothing happens.
GPU drivers up to date, but also haven't been changed recently.
Also just tried Cyberpunk2077 (first time running) and no issues. I wouldn't mind, but RDR2 and Xmorph are the 2 games I'm playing right now ffs.
This is frustrating as hell.

Associate
OK, tried that on RDR2, Rockstar launcher loads and says "You have been logged out because your authentication ticket is no longer valid".
I've reset my password and get the same thing.

Tried Xmorph (run as admin) and nothing happens.
GPU drivers up to date, but also haven't been changed recently.
Also just tried Cyberpunk2077 (first time running) and no issues. I wouldn't mind, but RDR2 and Xmorph are the 2 games I'm playing right now ffs.
This is frustrating as hell.

Just an idea , is your windows time/date/region set correctly ?

Associate
I had a similar issue some time ago where steam would not open a couple of the games. The run as admin fix worked for me. Have you tried re-installing steam ?

Associate
Eugh frustratingly I had this issue for a long time and I can't remember how I fixed it sorry! Again it was only some games not all. I'm not sure the trick with admin rights fixed it though as I definitely don't need to do that anymore. Could have been something to do with a failed update and having to clear some temp files from the Steam download folder? I also remember doing that around the same time but it might have just been to free up disk space.

The only other thing that I definitely did around that time was a clean driver install for my GPU. Sorry I can't be more help.

Back
Top Bottom