Steam Link - £15.99 + £7.40 P&P

Soldato
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/

I have been on the fence for a while but that has tipped me over the edge.

I do not really want it for gaming, more of a fudged media streamer really for Youtube, VLC and light web browsing :D

What would you want to do with yours?

EDIT:

Ok, £7.40 P&P has killed the mood :(

This is available from Game for £16 delivered.

WIN.

Last edited:
Caporegime
We have two threads on this already Gimpy :p

Yes it's £7.40 but you're still saving a huge amount over the original price :)

£23 compared to what was it £30? - £40?

Soldato
Can none steam games work with this ?

My experience so far is yes, they can as long as they're added as non-steam games to your library. I'm using stream streaming to my HTPCs around the house using the main client and it works well enough... Launching, for example, star citizen (exe not launcher as that doesn't work well) allows me to play the game almost as if I was on the PC itself...

I'm not sure about Origin or uPlay yet as my shared games drive has messed itself up and I can't be bothered to fix permissions!

Associate
How is everyone's experience with the steam link? I do have a linux PC connected to my TV (an old Gigabyte brix) and have tried streaming from PC to the box, but the experience was not good.. + it annoys me that the home PC is also displaying the exact same image as the TV screen. If only there was some way for steam to render and do the work in the background so that the actual PC could be used at the same time.

Associate
I love mine, in fact I've got two; one for the living room and one for the bedroom.

I did find that using wifi wasn't a good experience, powerline adapters were better but not great, I'm now fully wired in and it's fantastic!

Soldato
I put this in my original post that GAME matched the price with free delivery, they did last time, took a while for the site to refelct this ;)

Definaltey grabbing one now :)

Associate
Aw snap... so i missed out anyway.. I wonder if they're looking to get rid of stock with the plan to release a new one in the new year

Caporegime
So what's this for? So I can play games on my PC, but from the comfort of my living room TV?

Yes. I had one for a while and it was pretty good, but I've now got a living room PC. Still occasionally stream from the living room PC to my Mac and play in the other room so someone can watch the telly.

Back
Top Bottom