Steam link app on Samsung TVs

Soldato
I finally set this up on my KS7000 and so far it seems great.

I was under the impression that it supported 4k though? Am I incorrect with That?

In the settings on the app the option is there for 4k but it's greyed out

Associate
I finally set this up on my KS7000 and so far it seems great.

I was under the impression that it supported 4k though? Am I incorrect with That?

In the settings on the app the option is there for 4k but it's greyed out

oooh - all good on the KS7000 then? have you got a 49 or a 55?

Is this likely to be "better" than having an actual steam link?

Cheers

Soldato
oooh - all good on the KS7000 then? have you got a 49 or a 55?

Is this likely to be "better" than having an actual steam link?

Cheers

Mines the 55. from what I can tell the experiance is identical, just 1 less box to have under the tv! I played 2 hours of divinity original sin last night and it was flawless.

My set up is pc to Ethernet power line plug, downstairs powering plug to router, router to tv. So it's not pure hardwired but it's close and better than trying Wi-Fi I think!
Still unsure about the 4k thing but as far as I'm aware the standard steam link box doesn't support that res at all.

Associate
Mines the 55. from what I can tell the experiance is identical, just 1 less box to have under the tv! I played 2 hours of divinity original sin last night and it was flawless.

My set up is pc to Ethernet power line plug, downstairs powering plug to router, router to tv. So it's not pure hardwired but it's close and better than trying Wi-Fi I think!
Still unsure about the 4k thing but as far as I'm aware the standard steam link box doesn't support that res at all.

Thanks!

I've got the 49 and could do with losing the additional box from underneath.

Mine is all hardwired, so i'm presuming i'll get pleasing performance.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Soldato
Thanks!

I've got the 49 and could do with losing the additional box from underneath.

Mine is all hardwired, so i'm presuming i'll get pleasing performance.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Yea I guess for now just try it first and see what you think! I guess just unplug the steam link and the app should find your pc. You just need to put a code in to pair them and go from there! I can't try a actual link as I sold mine a while back but from memory this seems to match it imo

Associate
Yea I guess for now just try it first and see what you think! I guess just unplug the steam link and the app should find your pc. You just need to put a code in to pair them and go from there! I can't try a actual link as I sold mine a while back but from memory this seems to match it imo
Final question for you!

Do you get any occasional sound drops with this app?

I'm suffering with this with my steam link (common problem) - just wondered if this eradicates it?

Soldato
Final question for you!

Do you get any occasional sound drops with this app?

I'm suffering with this with my steam link (common problem) - just wondered if this eradicates it?
I haven't experienced that on this, or the link from what I recall but maybe I got it back then I can't really remember?

How are you hooked up?

Soldato
Do you have USB headphones plugged in to your PC? I had some Razer Krakens, turns out the USB audio was overriding whatever was set in Windows, stopping Steam Link from receiving the correct audio.

Associate
Oh cool! I couldn't find any solid details on the 4k except that 2017 models support It, but 2016 models are out of luck. Sounds like that may not be the case then!

Just reading up a little more, apparently the Steam Link app has support 4k since full release in August but only to 2017 TV's, no hdr support too, what I have tried was pretty good, looks like I will have to go the Shield route to get 4K and HDR support.

Man of Honour
It entirely replaces the Steam link hardware, it is a great app. Even better now I have it wired to my PC.

Oh, and yes, it already has 4k support - there are posts around the net and I think I posted some info in the Steam Link thread too.

Back
Top Bottom