Steam Query

Soldato
I think there's a way of getting the cd key transferred over to your account but you'd have to contact Valve about it.

The games included with it will depend on whether he got the retail or online version of HL2. The retail version comes with CS:S, HL2: DM, HL:Source and you'll get Lost Coast free with it. If it was the online version then you'll only get HL2, Lost Coast and HL2: DM.

It looks like it's the Retail version as he says that he downloaded CS:S with it as well. You'll have to email him and confirm though.

Soldato
OP
mark1 said:
I think there's a way of getting the cd key transferred over to your account but you'd have to contact Valve about it.

The games included with it will depend on whether he got the retail or online version of HL2. The retail version comes with CS:S, HL2: DM, HL:Source and you'll get Lost Coast free with it. If it was the online version then you'll only get HL2, Lost Coast and HL2: DM.

It looks like it's the Retail version as he says that he downloaded CS:S with it as well. You'll have to email him and confirm though.
No DOD:Source though? :(

Man of Honour
If the Half-Life 2 is retail, and comes with a CD-Key, then you should be able to transfer the game onto your own current Steam account fine via Valve. You won't however if the Half-Life 2 was bought as part of a Steam package, as there is not physical ownership record of that, other than the Steam account itself.

Just ask them what Half-Life 2 package it is, because there is quite a variation. All Half-Life 2 variations available are detailed in my SteamFAQ in my Sig.

Back
Top Bottom