Steam Redesign

Caporegime
j74uHLX3hRd3Mu9cFJx7iQ-650-80.png

After years of rumors and leaked mockup images, it's finally happening: Steam's library is getting a new look. This isn't a full-on redesign of Steam in its entirety, so the store and other parts of the interface aren't changing as far as we know. In its keynote at GDC on Thursday, Valve showed off the new library view, highlighting a redesigned page with large game thumbnails and more categorization around what's going on with your games.

"The biggest thing we're introducing is the Steam library homepage," said Valve's Alden Kroll. "This provides an opportunity for players to see 'what else is happening in the games that I play?'"

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk//new-steam-design-2019/

Can see this breaking Pixelvision again :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
It needs to:
- start fast
- not crash
- have games that don't suck for good prices

Nobody actually browses around in the Steam client, this redesign won't change that.
Steam is not Facebook.

Soldato
It needs to:
- start fast
- not crash
- have games that don't suck for good prices

Nobody actually browses around in the Steam client, this redesign won't change that.
Steam is not Facebook.

I do browse it quite a bit looking for new stuff to play, indie games etc. I also check out the community sections etc. I do not however have a Facebook account anymore, perhaps that's the difference ..

Having said that I'm actually reinstalling Steam just now due to it having issues for months, still worked but would look like it was going to hang.

Soldato
You guys are talking about browsing the store when this redesign concerns only the library of games you already own. The store is not getting redesigned at this point.

Looks great though!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I find the steam app cluncky .For me the website is quicker than the app. I'm using steam less and less, I buy my games from mainly cdkeys . Their are some good features on steam, but they do need to streamline it.

Soldato
I browse around it, but it needs de-cluttering and a face-lift, it's bloated and messy.

It doesn't need a face lift in the same way the ocuk forums don't. They are functional and simple. plus i don't think performance on steam is great these days so I don't want to have over 1000 tiles being cached into my steam folder it's just going to make it worse.

Soldato
Doubt it, this has been in the works for quite a while i'd say. You just can't redesign your entire app in a few weeks.

They haven't redesigned the entire 'app', it's only the library section of their software that has been and it's not like larger thumbnails and showing a little more information is a massive project.

The mock up's may have been around for a few years but all of a sudden they've decided to redesign... doesn't that sound a little fishy to you with how well Epic is taking off?

Caporegime
They haven't redesigned the entire 'app', it's only the library section of their software that has been and it's not like larger thumbnails and showing a little more information is a massive project.

The mock up's may have been around for a few years but all of a sudden they've decided to redesign... doesn't that sound a little fishy to you with how well Epic is taking off?

Epic is only taking off due to paying to snag exclusives, i can see it being a flash in the pan in the long run at best.

Back
Top Bottom