Steam Sale started today

Man of Honour
Havent seen anything yet in the sale which looks like a decent price that I don't already have anyway but didn't see a thread on it and some may not know that the "sale" has started

Man of Honour
OP
One game that might have tempted me is Total War Three Kingdoms, got it on my wishlist and been hoping it might pop up with a significant discount in a sale somewhere but £4 off? I mean whats the point. Thats not what I consider a sale price. If it had been £30, I'd have pulled the trigger on a buy but dropping it from £45 to £41 is meaningless.

And as for their "Featured" sales...Astroneer reduced by £6 to £18 just weeks after MS plopped it onto their Gamepass for £1. How can you have a "featured" sale, 25% off, of something that you can pick up for a quid elsewhere. I've said it before and I will say it again, Steam needs to get with the picture because imo they are way off the pace at the moment and are in danger of becoming nothing more than a game vault rather than a game purchasing choice.

Man of Honour
OP
Trying to decide between:

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Outward
  • Vampyr

Decisions, decisions!

Havent played the middle one, but the first and third ones are very good. Having said that, you can have Vampyr for £1 as part of the MS Gamepass, so maybe pick that up there and grab one of the other two instead.

Man of Honour
OP
Pending refund here too for much the same reasons. Also, didn't like how in two of the first three games I was kicked out for not being able to use a mic. **** it, it's their loss. I'm going to grab Hell let Loose instead.

I had the same problems (not the mic, the running about not seeing enemies etc) in Hell Let Loose. Seems to just be the style of game, I watch youtube videos of Squad and Hell Let Loose and they look cool but my experiences in the actual games has been running about and not really seeing any enemy. Someone shouts that enemy are in a treeline to the east, we all fire at the treeline..I have no idea who or what I'm firing at, I cant actually see anyone in the treeline and I find myself wondering if everyone is just firing because everyone else is. I've no idea if my bullets are hitting anyone at all or whether I'm killing anyone...or whether there is actually anyone there for me to hit anyway.

I like the concept of it all but I find when I play that the more realistic/hardcore gamestyle of Squad/Hell Let Loose just doesnt click with me as much as the more arcadey stuff like Battlefield 1. I guess I just sort of prefer less realism and more of what I see as actually fun to play.

Man of Honour
OP
squad takes time to adapt to. you play it like BF then you'll struggle. give it time to adapt. its an experience. its not about kills.

Yeah, I don't think its the game that's the issue (Squad or Hell Let Loose) , I think its just that I end up finding neither is as fun to me as it seemed when I watched the youtube videos. Just a clash with my gaming style I think. I find that when I play them both , the more realistic games and the more arcade-like stuff like Battlefield, that I enjoy the more arcade like ones more. To use an analogy, I guess that ultimately for me, I find the fart and slapstick humour of Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson (Battlefield games etc) more entertaining than the more high brow, intelligent comedy of something like say Master of None or Transparent (Squad/Hell Let Loose). Both games have their target audiences, I guess I'm just more inclined toward someone farting, making a sex joke and then smacking someone with a frying pan :D

Man of Honour
OP
Middle Earth Shadow of War has now been added to the MS Gamepass too, which is a title I probably would have picked up in a sale, so I'll just use the gamepass now to play it.

Back
Top Bottom