1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Sale?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by DampDog, Apr 1, 2020.

1. DampDog

Wise Guy

In the midst of all the heartache and turmoil caused by the current Covid-19 pandemic. I would have thought Steam might have gone the extra mile and launched a sale to try and lift peoples spirits a bit. What with great swathes of the population being stuck indoors.

2. SS-89

Sgarrista

They may yet do one but ultimately it's up to the publishers to agree to it. Being a business and with large numbers of people being stuck indoors and more likely to buy games unlike in the summer there is probably less incentive to do so. I know I've bought a few games I probably wouldn't have bothered buying if I was not at home.

3. Gray2233

Wise Guy

There will probably be one soon for Easter anyway.

4. Tombstone

Capodecina

Must admit I thought Steam might take advantage of people being at home and do a Lockdown Sale or something

5. ic1male

Caporegime

Looking at last year's there is a Japan themed Golden Week sale at the end of April and a Spring Cleaning event at the end of May. There isn't usually anything for Easter.

https://steamdb.info/sales/history/

6. DampDog

Wise Guy

Same here. Not a huge gamer anyway, but starting to go a little stir-crazy. Think I'll reinstall NMS.

7. Smokey26

Hitman

Would be nice, ive got a few more games i want, though ive bought Doom Eternal and Halo Master Chief Collection in a week, and got 3dmark for 3quid.

8. Thesman106

Gangster

It would be great if they did. But again it is up to the publishers decision