Steam

Permabanned
I'm about to put my head through the TFT.

Installed XP, then SP2. Install steam, HL2 and CSS from DVD.

Initially says 8 hours to download, rapidly within couple of minutes it works its way down to 7 minutes.

Those '7' minutes so far have taken from 9:21pm to time of this post. Ready to play in approximately...... hmm well how about straight away as I've installed off the friggin DVD!

Taskman reports 99% cpu useage.

WHAT THE HELL IS STEAM DOING?

Grrrrr :mad:

Associate
Biohazard said:
Ready to play in approximately...... hmm well how about straight away as I've installed off the friggin DVD!

I believe there have been numerous patches, updates and new levels added since the DVD would have been made, it's probably downloading all of that. If it looks like it's stuck and going crazy then close it down, restart and open it up again. Steam can automatically stop/resume downloads so it'll be fine.

Permabanned
OP
Done that and its started from scratch again. :(

Its only downloading updates for steam, as that is what I have launched from the game menu. Before it will play says it needs to update.

Yes its downloading, it the only thing running on the pc just now.. its not going hell for leather but the activity lights are blinkering.

Only re-formatted as steam kept crapping out on Vista. Now its taking all year to update on XP :mad:

Permabanned
OP
yes I have let it access the net through the firewall.

Its working now at 11:40odd pm, however I can no longer access the console?

normally I hit ` to pull it up but no longer works? :confused:

Associate
Go to options -> key bindings(?) -> advanced keyboard options or advanced options and there will be a tick box in there to turn on developer console.

EDIT: Beaten to it :(

Back
Top Bottom