Steel series arctis 3 v 5

Associate
I'm currently playing on a £15 headset for pubg and I envy both my friends who use 5's and can pin point people 2-3 houses away when i can't hear nada or very little in regards to location.

I wluld like 5's to match but I've read 3's are just the same. Would i get the same quality with 3's as 5's or does the usb make all the difference?

Associate
OP
My board had onboard 7.1 but only Realtek ALC892 codec.

ISOLATED AUDIO DESIGN
Audio Boost operates like a dedicated soundcard by being physically isolated from the rest of the motherboard circuitry to ensure the purest audio signal possible

PREMIUM CONNECTORS FOR OPTIMAL 7.1 SOUND QUALITY
With premium audio connectors you get the best possible signal output with the least chance of distortion. Using gold also prevents any corrosion or oxidation in the long run, which could impact signal quality.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-A-PRO

Would this not be good enough as if so i may as well buy the 5. Is this the best heafzet in this range do you know? Don't like the look of the hyperx cloud or the a10's amd the only other was corsair hs50's.

Might sound stupid but does pubg benefit ftom 7.1 or use stereo?

Associate
OP
I've just ordered the 2019 version of the Arctis 5, which was actually cheaper than the 3.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this USB headet compares to my current Razer Carrachias that is connected to a cheap Asus internal soundcard.

How much did you pay?

Associate
OP
NP. Look forward to hearing your thoughts; I'll report back with the differences over my current setup. I too play a lot of PUBG and will be interested to see whether it improves my ability to locate the origin of shots and foot steps.

Im sure they will put a smile on my face compared to my current set.

Pretty excited. Last time i had a half decent headset was around cs 1.5 - 1.6 transition a medusa 5.1 usb i think it was. People used to say i wallhacked cause i could pin point peoples location through walls. Sure its only got better

Associate
OP
NP. Look forward to hearing your thoughts; I'll report back with the differences over my current setup. I too play a lot of PUBG and will be interested to see whether it improves my ability to locate the origin of shots and foot steps.

Wow, pretty amazing.

Surreal feeling being able to hear every footstep and pin point it. Seems like I was vastly disabled not having one of these headsets! I can hear every little footstep and where abouts it is! Game changing

Associate
OP
I played my first games with them this evening. They are so very different to my previous. Possibly better for games, but much, much worse for music as they are very bass light. I'll keep testing them...

Yes, I found they are not the clearest for music. I also found the 7.1 is horrendous but the stereo is good

Associate
OP
I can't really fault them. I have them hung up on the side of my desk constantly pluged in. I have a music profile set as default which has no illumination setting so they don't glow when I am not really using them - then have different colours depending on what game I'm playing so I can quickly look at the colour to ensure have the correct settings for that specific game. You can add games to whatever profile you like so it auto changes the profile when you boot a game up.

Pretty neat - the first time i put them on I felt like a god in terms of what I could hear reletive to my old, cheap headset. Comfortable for long periods and even when Iw ear my glasses.

Associate
OP
Bass is ok, not massive. If you like bass then play on the music preset but personally i find immersion or performance presents to be better for hearing footsteps.

Use stereo and not 7.1 as it's horrible

Associate
OP
You can but I'm not that sensitive to hearing that tweaking slightly then entering back in the game i can tell the difference. I struggle to tell the difference much from preset to preset which have extreme changes never mind fine tuning. To be fair they're pretty good out of the box really.

Let me kbow how you get on though, ha!

Associate
OP
Well I've had this headset for little over a week now, out of the box they are spot on in all fairness with zero tweaking.

Music however does require a little tweak but I didn't buy this for that mostly gaming.

FPS games I can hear the enemy coming, almost super human hearing!

Yeah it is a little unnatural in terms of over hearing. Made me realise how disadvantaged I was playing with a cheap headset

Back
Top Bottom