Steelcase Leap V1

Soldato
Guy replied and confirmed there are models with and without the seat slider and will send another one out.

He said it's not very hard to swap over the seat but he would rather send another chair, not looking forward to separating the chair from the gas cylinder, it was a nightmare last time.

Soldato
it may not have came with the chair when they bought it.

the risk you take buying second hand goods especially from a middle man who doesn't advertise specific products but a range that you choose from.

they could take pictures and say what you see is what you get but i imagine that would be a lot of admin work for them that they don't need.

you could try buying off ebay/gumtree that way you see what your actually buying.

Not like you to be neg.....wait, nevermind.

Associate
I bought a Leap v1 from them a couple weeks ago. It arrived fairly quickly and was in excellent condition, no marks or anything.. I was really impressed! Guess it's luck of the draw though really.

Yep, my Leap v2 from them was fine as well.

As you say luck of the draw and to be expected when buying anything second hand.

Associate
Guy replied and confirmed there are models with and without the seat slider and will send another one out.

He said it's not very hard to swap over the seat but he would rather send another chair, not looking forward to separating the chair from the gas cylinder, it was a nightmare last time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiDby4FouwQ

or take it up the gym and challenge people to dead lift it off.

Soldato
This is a complete joke, third chair arrived and also is not the seat slider model and it's the wrong colour.

My original order was for Green and was sent back because of faulty arms then i switched to Black that had no slider and now this is both wrong colour and doesn't have the slider.

I think it's time for a refund, would not recommend.

Soldato
I let the guy know and he said he must employ idiots and he will get it sorted.

A discount on the chair would be a good shout but I doubt that since there wasn't any kind of apology.

Associate
Hi, just signed up here to post. I've bought a Leap v2 from eBay and the central pole that the chair sits on touches the floor, dragging along the carpet, this doesn't seem right- from what I've seen it might need a gas change but the gasheight adjustment works fine, any ideas on what's up with it?

Soldato
Hi, just signed up here to post. I've bought a Leap v2 from eBay and the central pole that the chair sits on touches the floor, dragging along the carpet, this doesn't seem right- from what I've seen it might need a gas change but the gasheight adjustment works fine, any ideas on what's up with it?
I bought a second hand V1 last week with the same issue, I just bought 3" wheels and all was sorted.

Soldato
I’ve been using an Ikea Markus for years which is in pretty bad shape after many years of long use (cushion ripped recently too, so the padding is coming out in small bits)

I’ve gone and ordered a Steelcase V2 - considering I work from home and will be sitting on it 10-12 hours a day, hopefully a worthwhile investment!

Don
I have a V2, hard to tell if its really good or not :p

they are almost too firm but don't give me any aches or pains and is built like it would last forever

Associate
I was looking at buying a v1 from 2ndhnd but after reading this I'm not so sure any more.
It looks like a complete lottery in what may be delivered or have a few of you just been very unlucky?

Soldato
I have a V2, hard to tell if its really good or not :p

they are almost too firm but don't give me any aches or pains and is built like it would last forever

I’m happy with mine - no aches or pains either so far compared to previous chairs.

I work from home so probably sit 10+ hours a day. Didn’t find any decent options here for refurbished ones so paid retail price - should last a long time though.

Associate
I've had 2x leap v2's, a please v2 and a humanscale freedom from 2ndhand on different occasions.

I kept the best Leap v2 for home as it has all the adjustments including the waterfall front

All the chairs were in really good condition and aftersales has been great too.

I've had no issues with most of the chairs, but after some time, the cushioning of one the leap seats was feeling a little flat. I spoke to the owner and he just sent out another seat.
note: you can remove the seat and swap the mechanism underneath if the adjustments don't match

I've also requested a headrest for the leap V2 I have at home which I'm just waiting on now

Soldato
I've had 2x leap v2's, a please v2 and a humanscale freedom from 2ndhand on different occasions.

I kept the best Leap v2 for home as it has all the adjustments including the waterfall front

All the chairs were in really good condition and aftersales has been great too.

I've had no issues with most of the chairs, but after some time, the cushioning of one the leap seats was feeling a little flat. I spoke to the owner and he just sent out another seat.
note: you can remove the seat and swap the mechanism underneath if the adjustments don't match

I've also requested a headrest for the leap V2 I have at home which I'm just waiting on now

Was that all from 2ndhand? Do the Leap V2's have different options? Everywhere i have looked they are just one chair which has all the adjustments. As in you don't have to pay x amount to have a different adjustment etc etc.

How good are 2nd hand as I want to buy a V2 from them this coming week!

Associate
Was that all from 2ndhand? Do the Leap V2's have different options? Everywhere i have looked they are just one chair which has all the adjustments. As in you don't have to pay x amount to have a different adjustment etc etc.

How good are 2nd hand as I want to buy a V2 from them this coming week!
Yes all the chairs were from 2ndhand, I bought a couple for the office and a couple for home.
They don't seem to specify the chair adjustments, so it's luck if you get all the options.
If you speak to Ross first before ordering he may be able to advise better.

Back
Top Bottom