Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Permabanned
Runs good on the new X3Ds. Finished a few huge galaxies games on a 7800X3D. It gets a bit laggy towards the end game but it's still fast and more than playable. All DLC.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stellaris Expansion Subscription

Over the years, as more content has been added to Stellaris, we have been hearing an ever-increasing number of requests for a subscription option as an alternative to purchasing them individually.

We’re happy to announce that we are adding a subscription option to Stellaris, allowing players to access all released DLCs for Stellaris at a fixed monthly fee. Future DLC releases will be available to subscribers on day 1.

The Stellaris Expansion Subscription grants access to all of the content for Stellaris, with significant discounts for longer subscription plans:

• 1 Month: 9.99 USD
  • 3 Months: 19.99 USD
  • 6 Months: 29.99 USD

Subscriptions can be started either directly from Steam or through the Additional Content browser, and may have different prices based on your regional currencies. The Stellaris Expansion Subscription is currently only available on Steam.

i dony feel its a good deal personally
current total dlc cost £250 ish

others may think differantly, but worth noting for those interested in the content.

Soldato
Personally I won't subscribe to nonsense like this, if I'm buying an expansion or a game I want ho own it.

That's a can of worms in itself though because of the nuances around digital 'ownership' in the first place. Anyway, it's good to have the option rather than be forced down one road.

Soldato
Been playing this and although initially was overwhelming, I've managed to click with it pretty fast. Shame I can't play it in 4k properly as the UI is a bit fuzzy at low Res, tried a few mods but still not great clarity.

Associate
I've been playing this a lot recently too.

Certainly not my favourite PDX game, and wasn't sure about it at all the first few campaigns, but it has grown on me and can be quite fun.

I don't play at 4K so can't help with that unfortunately, my initial issue was the UI was way too small for my old eyes, the Dynamic UI mod with a few personal tweaks did improve things though.

Soldato
I've been playing this a lot recently too.

Certainly not my favourite PDX game, and wasn't sure about it at all the first few campaigns, but it has grown on me and can be quite fun.

I don't play at 4K so can't help with that unfortunately, my initial issue was the UI was way too small for my old eyes, the Dynamic UI mod with a few personal tweaks did improve things though.

I understand HoI and CK are highly rated but I don't enjoy historical settings as much as I do fantasy ones. I've found a compromise with the UI on 1.2 zoom, just need to squint a bit lol.

Associate
I think my main gripe with the game is the achievements, far too many of them rely on RNG, more so than their other games in my opinion.

As an example, I have been trying to get the Destroy the People of Earth! achievement - As the Commonwealth of Man, destroy the United Nations of Earth with your ruler being a human with a symbiotic brainslug, without blowing up their final planet.

Seems quite straightforward, however, to get the brainslug you have to be the first empire in the galaxy to discover the abandoned settlements anomaly, after many failed attempts I eventually resorted to playing no other empires so only CoM and UNE spawned, even then I didn't find it by the time the galaxy had been fully colonized, but by luck after my first war with UNE it seemed one of my science ships inherited the anomaly so I was able to get the brainslug and elect a ruler with it.

After another war I had reduced UNE to around 20 systems, and had claims on them all, so was just waiting for the truce timer to expire, 6 months before this happened UNE imploded and I get a message stating they no longer exist, so couldn't destroy them to get the achievement...aargh!!

As I had a backup save I was able to save scum back to before the second war, but each time the same thing happened, so finally had to keep trading them systems with colonized planets every time they fractured to ensure they didn't disappear again before I had a chance to destroy them, not really in the spirit of getting achievements but I couldn’t take another CoM playthrough.

There are far too many similar to this that rely on very random events to happen to even have a chance of getting the achievement, which you don't know until you have already invested countless hours in to the campaign. [rant over]

Other than that I'm quite enjoying it :)

Back
Top Bottom