Stick or switch? 2070 Super

Associate
Currently have this card on a pre order but im a long way down the list, with the current shipment rate I could be waiting a further 10 weeks.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £539.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Been thinking of changing to this card as my build is mainly white so it would go best as far as looks go & likely get it much faster.

Total: £579.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Is there much difference as far as performance & running temps go between these 2 cards?
(If its even compatible with my other parts)

My other parts are;
NZXT H500i case
Ryzen 3700X
AsusTUF Gaming X570-Plus
Seasonic Focus 650 80+Gold

Soldato
Currently have this card on a pre order but im a long way down the list, with the current shipment rate I could be waiting a further 10 weeks.

Been thinking of changing to this card as my build is mainly white so it would go best as far as looks go & likely get it much faster.

Is there much difference as far as performance & running temps go between these 2 cards?

My other parts are;
NZXT H500i case
Ryzen 3700X
AsusTUF Gaming X570-Plus

4 yr warranty with Gigabyte vs 3 with ASUS.
strong rep support with Gigabyte on here as well. Rep posts up roughly when stock is incoming and chases OCUK to update their website quicker :D

shame white version costs more as the black... also its 2.5 and triple fan cooled then dual of the asus. in theory it should run cooler - but you can have a 10 fan card but that means nothing with a good case with high airflow

damn, White version on here is a bit steep ... I cant mention anymore then Steeper due to police on here, BUT least OCUK has stock!!!!!!!
thats if you've also got a white case then card does sit well, specially if mounted vertically

Soldato

My other parts are;
NZXT H500i case
Ryzen 3700X
AsusTUF Gaming X570-Plus
In terms of performance there won't be anything in it (unless you put the FPS numbers in a spreadsheet and stare of bar graphs) but even with that I would be tempted to get the Gigabyte due to the long warranty and slightly better HSF (and the fact it's available now has got to worth at least a £10 premium). However I think both are overpriced for what they are and I would get this 5700 XT which is £140 cheaper and offers around the same performance:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-gaming-oc-8gb-gddr6-pci-expres
s-graphics-card-gx-1b9-gi.html

The biggest argument in getting a 2070s over the 5700XT is RTX so only you can decide if the £100-£140 premium is worth paying.

Associate
And noise, and heat. Even the red devil and pulse 5700xt cards run hotter and louder than most 2070s.

I really wanted a red devil - but went Gigabit 2070 super in the end. Came in budget (by a whole 7 pence) so I wont agonise if I made the right choice.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I ended up going with an Evga Ultra XC for £100 more than the Asus. Unfortunately it’s going back as the coil whine is horrendous. The good news is I’ve managed to bag a FE model as there is stock again so I get my £100 back!

Associate

My other parts are;
NZXT H500i case
Ryzen 3700X
AsusTUF Gaming X570-Plus

Hi, I'm in the same situation, waiting for the Asus RTX 2070 Super OC and the current wait time is at least 4 weeks. Glad I searched here and see the Gigabyte card as an option.

My build is new, mostly white and mostly for deep learning. I'm wondering if I should switch to the Gigabyte card instead, are there any negatives to the Gigabyte card? Wondering what you did in the end and if you have any feedback on your option?

Associate
OP
Hi, I'm in the same situation, waiting for the Asus RTX 2070 Super OC and the current wait time is at least 4 weeks. Glad I searched here and see the Gigabyte card as an option.

My build is new, mostly white and mostly for deep learning. I'm wondering if I should switch to the Gigabyte card instead, are there any negatives to the Gigabyte card? Wondering what you did in the end and if you have any feedback on your option?

Yh I went ahead and switched to the Gigabyte card. The card looks super nice, And as has already been said here theres very little difference in performance plus the longer warranty is a nice bonus. With my build all done im very happy with my decision to swap and would certainly recommend this card.:)

Associate
Yh I went ahead and switched to the Gigabyte card. The card looks super nice, And as has already been said here theres very little difference in performance plus the longer warranty is a nice bonus. With my build all done im very happy with my decision to swap and would certainly recommend this card.:)

Good to know. Noticed the price has dropped too. Tempted to grab one!

Back
Top Bottom