1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stocking Filters?

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by Robin Gregg, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Robin Gregg

Gangster

Hi Guys,

Just looking to get some clarification on a common problem how ever odd solution.

I'm having major problems with dust in my old Coolmaster CM690 Case, I think I've found the problem which is the dust filters supplied are actually just fine mesh.

However I was just wandering if any one had tried using stocking material as the filters in pc case and if this worked for them?

This seems to be a big hit on the web and you tube.

2. clone

Soldato

Never used it myself but I've heard good things about it,overclockers sell different grades of filter mesh in stock.

3. LuckyBenski

Hitman

I've used it over power supply fans and on fans I leave in the open air before. Benefits: cheap, plentiful, you can get creative making stuff out of it. Downsides: a bit fiddly, and tricky to clean compared to solid filters. But you can always replace rather than clean. One pair of tights will give you many filters.

In terms of actual filtering I'd say they're quite good but relatively obstructive i.e. will reduce airflow.

4. ChugNorris

OcUK Staff

The Dustend stuff is pretty good!