Stolen bike

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Well today has gotten off to a wonderful start, i went outside this morning to put some oil in my bike before heading off to work & it's been stolen, i feel sick to my stomach, it was old, it was tatty cos i use it all year round, & tbh it was a bit of a heap but it was my ####ing bike! & some low life sack of crap has nicked it!, i really hope they wrap it round a tree the thieving gets...

any way, on the off chance theres any one here from Nottingham city, in particular the West Bridgford area, if you happen to spot a metallic blue Suzuki Bandit GSF1200S, registration XXXXXXX, report it to the police would you, ide much appreciate it!, it's stock apart from crash bars, rectangular fog lamps mounted on the crash bars, & a fender extender.

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
Well ive got it back tho kinda wish i hadn't, they couldn't start it because they messed the wiring up ripping it out & trying to hot wire it so they dumped it round the corner in a park, & because they couldn't get it started they kicked lumps out of it, smashed the headlight unit, fairing mounts, side panels, rear mudguard/under seat unit, the seat itself, all the indicators, ignition lock, broke the top yoke, & nicked the number plate.

Seeing as how i'm 3rd party fire & theft there's no chance of putting a claim in, so i've started pricing parts up on ebay & i'm looking at £125 just for the headlight unit on it's own, so some where in the region of about £400ish on parts on a bike thats only worth about £1600 - £1700 on a good day, on the plus side atleast its still got a full tank of gas :p

Soldato
I was about to write the same thing, surely the insurance should cover it as it was stolen. Regardless that it was recovered.

EDIT: Quick google later:

You must tell your insurer straight away. You’ll also need to find out if the car has been damaged, used to commit another crime or is possibly unsafe to drive. This is all information the police will be able to help you with.

The police will arrange for your car to recovered which you will be charged for (this can be claimed back depending on your insurance policy).

If you have theft coverage, your insurer will assess the damage to your car and decide what needs to be done next. This could either be a repair job or the worst-case scenario, a write-off.

This snippet obviously assumes the police found it but I doubt this would matter.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
Yeah there was some confusion on my part but it has indeed been classed as stolen & i waved goodbye to it this morning as the salvage co came & took it away, they've been told not to do a engineers report so i presume the insurance companies written it off so onwards & upwards.

So i'm now on the hunt for a mk2 Kawasaki Versys 1000, say an 18 or a 19 plate, i did briefly think about a newer mark 3 with the electronic suspension & revised styling but i saw one in the flesh at my local dealers & i really don't like that new angular fairing, kinda reminds me of the Ninja H2SX & i'm not a fan of the look so couldn't live with it at all.

Soldato
Yeah there was some confusion on my part but it has indeed been classed as stolen & i waved goodbye to it this morning as the salvage co came & took it away, they've been told not to do a engineers report so i presume the insurance companies written it off so onwards & upwards.

So i'm now on the hunt for a mk2 Kawasaki Versys 1000, say an 18 or a 19 plate, i did briefly think about a newer mark 3 with the electronic suspension & revised styling but i saw one in the flesh at my local dealers & i really don't like that new angular fairing, kinda reminds me of the Ninja H2SX & i'm not a fan of the look so couldn't live with it at all.

I have a 20 plate Versys 1000. The SE model. It really is a nice bit of kit to ride. Though, the height takes a bit of getting used to!

Back
Top Bottom