STOLEN: Ford Focus RS Stealth Grey : Scotland--NOW FOUND.

Soldato
Brother in law has just messaged me to say his Stealth Grey Focus RS was stolen overnight off his driveway. It was Mountune spec and was badged as such. He's gutted, it was his pride and joy and he had only had it for 2 months after trading in a 2016 Impreza.

I dunno what the OcUK forum protocol is for stolen car posts but I figured since there were quite a few Scottish owners here and its a pretty rare car that it would be worth posting up for folk to keep an eye out for either the car or parts coming up for sale on forums etc. Any info please feel free to PM me although I'm not holding my breath for any good news.

Pics:-

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Soldato
OP
Just off the phone to my sister. They entered through the rear french doors into the kitchen, smashing a hole in them. Police reckon they used a window punch tool on the outer and inner panes of glass to make a hole big enough to reach through and unlock the door with the thumb turn inside. They then scoured the ground floor of the house, eventually locating the keys. My sisters A Class Merc keys were next to the Focus ones and they were left in situ. Neither of them sleeping upstairs heard a thing.

Police are checking local ANPR and have conducted a door to door.

Soldato
OP
I'm just glad the pair of them are ok, sister was really shaken up when I called her this morning, knowing a group of criminals were rummaging around her house whilst they were sleeping upstairs. :mad:

Soldato
OP
Well, amazing result.

I shared this news on FB earlier and the power of social media never ceases to amaze me. Car has been recovered undamaged in Ratho, Edinburgh this afternoon thanks to information obtained via the power of Facebook!!! It's off to the police station for forensics to be carried out. Looks like the idiots who tried to steal it were waiting to see if it had a tracker on it so left it parked up and waited. Unfortunately for the scumbags the cops got there first as a result of info received from a friend of a friend who shared my post on FB. Amazing result.

Soldato
OP
Do you know if it was Ratho station or the industrial units?

Ratho itself, housing scheme m8, not Newbridge or anywhere near industrial estates, parked right on a domestic street. Apparently the area is used regularly to dump stolen performance vehicles until its confirmed a tracker isn't present. Generally the cars turn up late Friday night/early Saturday morning and then vanish by Saturday afternoon/evening. Police Scotland intelligence suggests that it's the same gangs involved and the vehicles are being shipped out to Eastern Europe afterwards.

Soldato
OP
I just found this thread via Google I live in Mellock crescent we both have bmws and love our performance cars so we have admired the RS in the passing with the dog. we had a black edition audi stolen a few doors down just days before. I just wanted to contact you to say I've just phoned the police we seen a suspicious vehicle hanging around the night before this happened speeding into Mellock crescent and around and back out by your family's house. The plates on it aren't registered to it it's not taxed and mot is due. We found it weird so I took reg and time hopefully this may help.

Thanks, feel free to private message me with any additional details and I'll pass them on to Police Scotland. Mellock Crescent as in Brightons, Falkirk? The suspicious vehicle didn't happen to be a red Nissan Juke did it? Apparently these spineless cowards are using one of those as a utility vehicle to drive back and forth between stashed stolen vehicles to check tracker status.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
need to get there house belled up or sleep with keys under the pillow :( been a spate of car thefts where my mate lives there using some extender cars have keyless entry a faraday cage / bag is needed to stop it or one of those car bollard things on the drive.

those disc locks are good that cover the whole steering wheel.

Just wanted to point out that if your relatives neighbour can find this thread by googling, then so can the thieves. You might be giving away information there that would help them avoid being caught (they might now know to dump the Juke)

They have had an alarm engineer attend today and have had a full intruder alarm system fitted. These cretins may well have already dumped the Duke, it's probably stolen too. But point taken.

Back
Top Bottom