Storage Full

Soldato
Okay so probably a common question but my wife's iphone 6 16gb is full, she has bought 50gb of icloud storage. Is there a way to transfer photos to the cloud to free up space? I assumed there would be an option to do that but all I can do is set it to automatically optimise storage, which is doesn't do.

Thanks.

Caporegime
You have the iCloud Photo Library setting switched on? Or is it just that the iPhone is being backed up to iCloud? If it's the latter, optimise storage won't work.
If it's the former, it may be just taking a bit of time to upload everything before it starts optimising.

I must admit, I've only just started using this feature myself with random screenshots before I try out with real photos as I'm not sure what will happen. I've got about 1GB of space to fill up before I activate the optimise storage automatically setting.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

You need to enable "iCloud Photo Library" (Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos) and "Optimise iPhone Storage" (Settings > Photos) and it will eventually come right (once it finishes uploading everything). The phone may have to be plugged in to the charger for it to upload a lot of photos. If you open the Photos app, go to Photos (the icon on the bottom left), and scroll all the way to the bottom, it will tell you how many photos remain to be uploaded. I don't think it will optimise storage until everything is uploaded.

Back
Top Bottom