• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

strange 15pin d-sub cable

Soldato
hey guys, ive just found a wierd vga cable in a box of wires i have.

its got a 9-pin din connector on one end eith a small cut out (the kind you have on your g-card that provides s-video and composite out, infact exactly the same size i think) and on the other there is a 15pin d-sub connector (vga)

any one have any ideas if it'd work if i connected it up to a g-card and monitor?

Soldato
OP
ok here are a few pics

image00005ai8.jpg

image00006jx5.jpg

image00007vr6.jpg

Soldato
OP
lol i love my 7000!!!

i might try it later, just as long as it dont destroy any of my monitors

the closest i could find on google was an actual s-video to vga cable

Soldato
OP
but its not actually an s-video cable on the end?? s-video is a 4-pin din of sorts. this ones a 9-pin din that you find on g-cards that is usually a multi out/in. i.e. splits off to composite and s-video in and out for VIVO cards or just composite and s-video out for other cards

Soldato
yes i had one end like that on my holywood + mpeg card for dvd's and video before videocard did it in hardware around the 3dfx days and other end of lead was yellow and orange and a s-video out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom